NFL Thread (2008 edition)

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only needed 5 fantasy points from them to win my matchup. -1 points?!?! For fuckin' real?

You should have known better than to start any defense against the Saints. Especially at home.

I truly believe that the Lions would lose to a couple of the top college teams.

Not only would the Lions win, but it wouldn't even be close. This debate comes up every year (radio, etc.), and it kills me. Same for basketball.

I know it's not true, but it's fun to think about. Leave me alone.

Without self-pity, us native Detroiters have nothing.

Fair enough. Some people really believe these things, though.

Probably not.

I'm inclined to agree with you, but then I look at the 2001 Canes starting lineup:

QB Ken Dorsey

FB Najeh Davenport

HB Clinton Portis

TE Jeremy Shockey

SE Andre Johnson

FL Kevin Beard

LT Bryant McKinnie

LG Sherko Haji-Rasouli

C Brett Romberg

RG Martin Bibla

RT Joaquin Gonzalez

Defense

Position Name

RE Jerome McDougle

DT Matt Walters

DT William Joseph

LE Andrew Williams

WLB D.J. Williams

MLB Jonathan Vilma

SLB Chris Campbell

RCB Mike Rumph

FS Maurice Sikes

SS Ed Reed

LCB Phillip Buchanon

17 NFL players in their starting lineup. That's pretty damn impressive. They would've made it close with a really bad NFL team.

Those UM teams from like 2000 that had like 5-6 first round picks might've been able to beat an NFL team.

not a chance in hell

Raw talent is one thing, but you're talking about college kids playing against grown ass men. They'd get thrown around like little bitches.

not a chance in hell

Raw talent is one thing, but you're talking about college kids playing against grown ass men. They'd get thrown around like little bitches.

Probably. But you don't think a team like the Dolphins last year, that started Cameron Worrell for two games at safety and has injuries all over the field wouldn't have had trouble with them?

Probably. But you don't think a team like the Dolphins last year, that started Cameron Worrell for two games at safety and has injuries all over the field wouldn't have had trouble with them?

Nope.

I'm a die hard Detroit Lion fan, I watch them every week, I dont think they would lose to OU but I think OU would score a lot of points on them, I also don't think the Lions would get in the 30's on Southern California's defense....this Lions team is the worst team in the NFL in a decade and by far the least talented...thanks Millen!

I think the 2001 Miami team was very talented but vulnerable, they almost lost to Boston College (who was even without William Green in that game) and a very average VA Tech, I think Miami had some teams in the 80's that were better than that 2001 team, Miami in 1991 was pretty awesome as well

I loved the Roy Williams trade, Calvin Johnson will develop and Roy wasnt going to resign anyway, anytime you can get a first round pick for someone you have to listen, they got a 3rd round pick too...with 5 picks in the first three rounds they have a chance to get a lot better in the offseason, maybe like 2-3 wins next year

So Matt Light has Channing Crowder by the hair, rips his helmet off and starts beating on his head, and both get thrown out of the game. That's cool.

Crowder, Light fined $15,000 each for verbal, physical confrontation

ESPN.com news services

New England Patriots offensive tackle Matt Light and Miami Dolphins linebacker Channing Crowder have both been fined $15,000 by the NFL, but not suspended, for their roles in an on-field altercation during the Patriots' win at Miami on Sunday.

Both players were fined the same amount for their verbal and physical confrontation. Both were ejected midway through the fourth quarter.

According to league sources, both players, in addition to game officials, were interviewed by the league office. It was determined that Crowder verbally instigated the confrontation, but both men were assessed equal fines.