NFL Thread (2008 edition)

Is the Cardinals making the Super Bowl referenced by Nostradamus or Cayce as a sign of Armagideon time?

Nah. There is a reference about the Lions going in 2012 though.

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats, man. :cheers I've never been a Steelers fan but that is one hell of a team you have there.

Today they say he's "neurologically intact". That doesn't sound great, but he can move.

That's good news, I think.

Yesterday's 8-hour couch marathon (including a UK dismantling of Georgia to start it off at 12:30 :thumbup ) was indeed a delightful day. Great games, both of them.

So! Lions...

New DC? a guy who was the DC for the team that would have had the worst defense last year (KC), were it not for the Lions.

OC? no problem, hire the former coach of the shitass Rams.

interesting strategy...

Yeah, well, we get Jesus too!

Lions hire Scott Linehan, get Jesus on their side

Posted by Philip Zaroo | MLive.com January 23, 2009 14:38PM

Categories: Breaking News, Top Sports

The Detroit Lions hired former St. Louis Rams head coach Scott Linehan as their next offensive coordinator.

This is a great move. See, Linehan's got solid credentials. He held the same position with the Minnesota Vikings in 2004 when the offense had the most impressive season in team history.

And who was the quarterback of that team? That's right – one Daunte Culpepper, who is under contract with the Lions. And how did he Culpepper do his damage? Well, one major way was tossing megabombs to tall, fast, athletic receiver Randy Moss. And who is on the Lions' roster? Big, tall, fast, athletic, and attitude-less Calvin Johnson.

The REAL reason this was a great hire, though, is because Linehan has Jesus on his side. Yeah, you heard me. Jesus.

Jim Caviezel, who played Jesus Christ in Mel Gibson's The Passion of the Christ, is Linehan's brother-in-law! It's all coming together for the Lions...

Guest Gym Teacher Man
So! Lions...

New DC? a guy who was the DC for the team that would have had the worst defense last year (KC), were it not for the Lions.

OC? no problem, hire the former coach of the shitass Rams.

interesting strategy...

shitass is a great term

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Gym Teacher Man
Favre to retire, supposedly:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/foot...ment/index.html

Maybe it'll stick this time.

god i hope so. i'm sick of Favre. admire his play during his run with the Packers, even as a Bears fan, but i'm tired of hearing about him. he wasn't very good last year and supposedly has said that his "arm is dead". just hang it up.

Good riddance. I haven't been able to stand him in about 6 years. I hate the way the media has always covered him, and he's always come off as a douche to me. And the last few years of jerking the Packers around has just made me feel stronger.

To expound on why I hate him, he gets credit for being "a gunslinger who makes things happen", and while the way he plays is surely fun to watch, he's not a very good quarterback, and he too often would make decisions that hurt his team. Every once in a while he'd get lucky and the underhand throw as he's being sacked would be caught for a touchdown (see the dolphins-jets game in week 1 of this season), more often than not his "playmaking" was just hurting his team. There's a reason he's thrown so many interceptions. Sure, he was a great quarterback, but he was vastly overrated, and the media's ballwashing of him over the past 5 seasons has grown unbearable. He doesn't deserve to be in the discussion for greatest quarterback ever, in my opinion. I think he just played for a really long time and was very good, but not great, for the vast majority of that time. Oh, he had seasons where he was great particularly in the mid 90's, but he's mostly just been very good for a very long time, thus allowing him to rack up stats.