New Election Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like your your sister is awesome.

But does your sister tell other women what choices to make in their own private lives? Is your sister the vice president nominee? Is your sister in Vogue magazine?

Thanks, and no, no, and no. She does tell me sometimes what choices to make in my private life, but that's OK.

Your not reading what I'm saying. I'm talking about the choices that Palin has made. My mom had me as a teenager and we are fine. I'm saying she chose to chase her dreams instead being there for her kids. My mom made sacrifices to be there for me. I don't care how many children she has. I do care when a hypocrite political type tells women how to make choices about ther own personal bodies but at the same time turns her back on her own children to be Governor and in Vogue magazine.

Yes, I am reading exactly what you're saying. Did Orrin Hatch have too many kids to govern? Or to be a good parent? Or does this rule only apply to women? You still haven't addressed this that I've seen.

Okay..this is slightly different. I have a long term friend (my oldest in Chicago, but now lives in SoCal) who was "radicalized" in Madison Wisc during the 1960s (yea the real 60s). Over the years he has become really attached to the state of Israel, including marrying an Israeli and living there for a time. No biggie. He has decided to support McCain because McCain will be better for Israel and Obama won't. The other day he sent me a long winded email about Stanley Kurtz, one of the "journalists" investigating Obama and he attached all this BS about Wright, etc. My friend honestly believes that Obama is surrounded by anti-semites and that Obama is one too. (He particularly has keyed in on Obama's association with Bill Ayers.)

I wrote this guy back and said I don't give a damn if he wants to support McCain for whatever half assed reason he wants to (or if he really feels that McCain will be better for Israel) , but the hateful stuff being put out by the right wing on Obama is really sort of uncalled for and wrong and would frankly threaten our friendship. This is sort of a Savage Love political question. This old friend is being a nutball and projecting neocon opinions I can't stand. What should I do??

LouieB

This old friend is being a nutball and projecting neocon opinions I can't stand. What should I do??

LouieB

Ignore him until after the election. If this isn't possible, kindly tell him you are no longer (or currently) interested in talking politics with him because you value your friendship.

A very conservative and very good pal of mine sparks this kind of shit storm up every now and then and it never ends well. By shit storm, I simply mean pushing buttons and trying to engage in non-productive political "debate" that inevitably turns into nothing more than name-calling.

Yes, I am reading exactly what you're saying. Did Orrin Hatch have too many kids to govern? Or to be a good parent? Or does this rule only apply to women? You still haven't addressed this that I've seen.

I've said before that I'm only talking about Palin. Did McCain choose Hatch?

What do you think Palin has been doing the past 3-years? Sorry if you don't like it but it looks like she focused on her career instead of her family.

Okay..this is slightly different. I have a long term friend (my oldest in Chicago, but now lives in SoCal) who was "radicalized" in Madison Wisc during the 1960s (yea the real 60s). Over the years he has become really attached to the state of Israel, including marrying an Israeli and living there for a time. No biggie. He has decided to support McCain because McCain will be better for Israel and Obama won't. The other day he sent me a long winded email about Stanley Kurtz, one of the "journalists" investigating Obama and he attached all this BS about Wright, etc. My friend honestly believes that Obama is surrounded by anti-semites and that Obama is one too. (He particularly has keyed in on Obama's association with Bill Ayers.)

I wrote this guy back and said I don't give a damn if he wants to support McCain for whatever half assed reason he wants to (or if he really feels that McCain will be better for Israel) , but the hateful stuff being put out by the right wing on Obama is really sort of uncalled for and wrong and would frankly threaten our friendship. This is sort of a Savage Love political question. This old friend is being a nutball and projecting neocon opinions I can't stand. What should I do??

LouieB

That is interesting - as my two best friends, who I have known for more than 20 years, are both Republicans. We generally try and refrain from talking about political issues - as it ends up in a fight. Their views will always be wrong to me, and mine to them - and that is how it is.

Democrats have used that to point out how dirty Republicans are in running election campaigns, but this stinks just as bad to me...

Bush's people orchestrating the distributing of flyers reading that McCain fathered a black baby out of wedlock the day before a primary election, and then denying doing that, is far worse than liberal blogs unconnected to Obama and this site speculating about Palin's pregnancy (2 months before the election), when there was some very compelling evidence.

What should I do??

I would show him how tenuous the Ayers connection is to illustrate his paranoia. On second thought, that may not be best for the friendship........

I WILL NOT!

Maybe you should pace yourself, then. There is a great deal more absurdity to come before Nov. 4, I reckon.

I've said before that I'm only talking about Palin. Did McCain choose Hatch?

What do you think Palin has been doing the past 3-years? Sorry if you don't like it but it looks like she focused on her career instead of her family.

She has a husband, you know. Men can take care of children. Are you really this fucking thick?

And I think it's still a fair question: If McCain had picked a man with 5 kids, would that be too many?

She has a husband, you know. Men can take care of children. Are you really this fucking thick?

And I think it's still a fair question: If McCain had picked a man with 5 kids, would that be too many?

It has been a civil coversation until now. You've shown you have little class.

I know she has a husband. But with 5 kids you'd think she would pick a career not so demanding. Just sayin'.

If you choose thave 5 children then both parents should make the sacrfices needed to be there for the chirldren. Is that so dificult to understand?