New Election Thread

louieb, try to look past that stuff in your friend, especially because there is always this sort of hope: i consider myself somewhere in the big gray area left of today's democrat, and my best friend of 18 years was a right-winger.

I had a picnic with some like minded friends today and asked their advice. To all those who said don't talk politics until after the election, I think that makes sense. The sad part about this is that my friend wasn't a Republican and probably still thinks of himself as some sort of leftist. Strangely some of the folks I had the picnic with were pissed at Obama for being so pro-Israel and there is a guy here in Chicago making a video for free regarding Jews for Obama. Turns out some very influential and NOT leftwing types have backed Obama from the beginning. Of course it is not about Judaism at all, it is about lockstep with the Israel lobby that is the issue. So someone was asking, of the 2.5 or so million Jews in the US of A how many are hard core Zionists. Who knows, but most Jews have been Democrats during the last half century or so.

Strange how a candidate can be a Rorshach test for all, some see Obama as a leftwing Muslim terrorist and others see him as a tool of the Zionist elite. In reality, we are talking reality here, he is neither, merely a politician trying to get elected in a very fragmented country. Sadly some will not stop trying to destroy his character just to be done with him. Good for Obama, the best man in the race for saying Sarah Palin's family is not part of any campaign. Take the high road Barak, take it and keep it, cause the Republicans sure aren't beyond taking a pot shot at you for any association no matter how tenuious or immaterial.

FWIW, I cut ties with all my friends who liked Titanic.
:lol Luckily I never saw that movie...maybe a few minutes on TV.

LouieB

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one who finds it shocking and like, very fucking disturbing that a young earth creationist has the potential to be one heart beat away from becoming the next president of the United States?

no.

It's pointless to discuss when we don't have the facts, but my points were all quite valid. Hospitals are full of first-time moms who rush to the hospital hours before they're ready. Experienced mothers aren't so antsy.

Might have been an 8 hr flight (I read 11), but according to the Anchorage Daily News it was a total of 22 hrs from the time her membrane started to rip until she got to the hospital in Wasilla. Another strange point, she wouldn't go to a hospital in Anchorage either.... she was driven back to Wasilla, to a hospital in a town of 9000 people -- without a NICU! Women in Wasilla state that when there is an at-risk pregnancy, they are rushed to Anchorage... not vice-versa.

A doctor on Daily Kos (I know...biased) wrote that if she started leaking at 4 am, it's indicative of ripped membranes and that the premie would have been born at a maximum of 12 hrs after the rip occured. This doctor is speculating that it was either a mistake and that Palin actually punctured her bladder and urine was leaking, or that she is lying because there is no way she could have held the baby for 22 hrs.

Supposedly this doctor in Wasilla is a friend of Palin's who has been given awards and assigned to important boards appointed by the Governor. The liberal conspiracy theorists are questioning why various press releases and web pages promoting this doctor that existed until very recently have now been scrubbed off the Alaska.gov sites. Though, still viewable through Google cache.

Regardless... this will fall off the news cycle with news of Juno.

In reality, we are talking reality here, he is neither, merely a politician trying to get elected in a very fragmented country. Sadly some will not stop trying to destroy his character just to be done with him. Good for Obama, the best man in the race for saying Sarah Palin's family is not part of any campaign. Take the high road Barak, take it and keep it, cause the Republicans sure aren't beyond taking a pot shot at you for any association no matter how tenuious or immaterial.

:thumbup :thumbup :thumbup

This doctor is speculating that it was either a mistake and that Palin actually punctured her bladder and urine was leaking, or that she is lying because there is no way she could have held the baby for 22 hrs.

Punctured her bladder how?

My wife's water broke about 4 hours after I got home for Christmas after a 26-hour bus ride from basic training. We drove 45 miles to the hospital - even though there was one 2 miles away - because our doctor was at the remote hospital. We then proceeded to wait more that 26 hours for the baby to be born.

Might have been an 8 hr flight (I read 11), but according to the Anchorage Daily News it was a total of 22 hrs from the time her membrane started to rip until she got to the hospital in Wasilla. Another strange point, she wouldn't go to a hospital in Anchorage either.... she was driven back to Wasilla, to a hospital in a town of 9000 people -- without a NICU! Women in Wasilla state that when there is an at-risk pregnancy, they are rushed to Anchorage... not vice-versa.

A doctor on Daily Kos (I know...biased) wrote that if she started leaking at 4 am, it's indicative of ripped membranes and that the premie would have been born at a maximum of 12 hrs after the rip occured. This doctor is speculating that it was either a mistake and that Palin actually punctured her bladder and urine was leaking, or that she is lying because there is no way she could have held the baby for 22 hrs.

Supposedly this doctor in Wasilla is a friend of Palin's who has been given awards and assigned to important boards appointed by the Governor. The liberal conspiracy theorists are questioning why various press releases and web pages promoting this doctor that existed until very recently have now been scrubbed off the Alaska.gov sites. Though, still viewable through Google cache.

Regardless... this will fall off the news cycle with news of Juno.

Yeah, well, what y

Am I the only one who finds it shocking and like, very fucking disturbing that a young earth creationist has the potential to be one heart beat away from becoming the next president of the United States?

Well, she could institute an alternative energy proposal concerning the burning of Darwin books and geology texts.

This is also someone who believes in the Rapture
ignore it?

Pretty much.

Pretty much.

In reality, we are talking reality here, he is neither, merely a politician trying to get elected in a very fragmented country. Sadly some will not stop trying to destroy his character just to be done with him. Good for Obama, the best man in the race for saying Sarah Palin's family is not part of any campaign. Take the high road Barak, take it and keep it, cause the Republicans sure aren't beyond taking a pot shot at you for any association no matter how tenuious or immaterial.

Fucking yawn, dude. Republicans aren't the only ones who attack politicians, or have you ignored this whole thread?

I BELIEVE that Houston, we have a fucking problem.

i thought obama was a christian, too. i mean, maybe his denomination is in variance with a couple of these, but as far as i know (and i'm no christian scholar), this is pretty standard christian stuff.

You are no fucking christian scholar.

sorry, i mean, yeah i thought obama was a fucking christian, too. i mean, maybe his fucking denomination is in fucking variance with a couple of these fucking things, but as far as i fucking know (and i'm no fucking christian scholar), this is pretty fucking standard christian stuff.

Are people allowed to think you have a tendency to be unnecessarily mean about it, then?

My fucking avatar is fucking broken. I need to find another site that hosts the fucking FIU helmet like the one before. Got to fucking represent for my fucking school.

Fucking yawn, dude. Republicans aren't the only ones who attack politicians, or have you ignored this whole thread?

of course not. but many republicans give obama zero credit for NOT attacking with dirt, both during the primaries and now, when he could have done so hundreds of times and over countless issues. he has done way more to keep it clean and not hit below the belt than i've seen in many years. that's some meaningful (to me) change right there, and he's not even in office. yet.

No but they go about it with a special zeal that democrats can not (or maybe will not) emulate. Imagine if the reaction if Chelsea Clinton had been preggers at 17? Amy Carter? heck both of those girls were trash3ed incessantly by the right. Imagine the outcry if the democrats went after McCains military service the way the Bushies went after Kerry's? The reasoning back then was that Kerry had made that the centerpiece of his campaign, heck the way I see it that is the center piece of McCains campaign. Imagine the outcry if the democrats attacked McCain the way bush did in 2000? Right now the right refuses to acknowledge that maybe Obama is doing a much better job of staying abouve the shit than has occurred in many recent campaigns? They won't acknowledge it because that is how they roll.