New Election Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is Bullshit! I watched this last night on Democracy Now. Somehow this is missing the mainstream media...how sweet. I also mentioned it yesterday with links and everyone went right over it without even a mention. This is truly un-American and scary as hell.

Oh - I missed it. This thread moves pretty fast.

Oh - I missed it. This thread moves pretty fast.

Nobody replied to anyway :ohwell . After watching it on the Free speech channel it seemed more real than just reading it. I follow animal rights and this sort of stuff happens all the time with little notice from America. It happens in organic farming,legal and Peaceful protest groups, anti-war groups..etc. I was even told I was put on a "special" government list for choosing not to vaccinate my child.People need to pay attention to this!

This is Bullshit! I watched this last night on Democracy Now. Somehow this is missing the mainstream media...how sweet. I also mentioned it yesterday with links and everyone went right over it without even a mention. This is truly un-American and scary as hell.

You gotta hand it to her for her ability to manipulate. Freedom of the press doesn't involve antagonizing riot police and there are plenty of other proper methods to go about asking the questions she wanted to ask and the right people in charge to ask.

But she got her video of her being arrested and the ability to say how outrageous it all was.

I've not paid too much attention to the news this weekend, but have any of the majors talked about the raid on Firday last week in Minneapolis? The police raided a protestor center and detained and photographed the people there. From all I understand this place was simplya resource center/centralized meeting place and not at all worthy of he attention. The "anarchy" types, who despite what you may hear from the right wing punditry are not mainstream democrats, these guys would never openly meet/use obvious resources, so I can't quite figure out the reason for the raid?

McKinney is a joke, as well as Rosa. I just think the Green Party should be allowed to debate.

Yeah, my original intent was to vote Green, but then they chose McKinney, and that in turn made me change my mind right quick.

After much soul searching, unless some heretofore unknown bombshell is dropped prior to the election, I think I

Nobody replied to anyway :ohwell . After watching it on the Free speech channel it seemed more real than just reading it. I follow animal rights and this sort of stuff happens all the time with little notice from America. It happens in organic farming,legal and Peaceful protest groups, anti-war groups..etc. I was even told I was put on a "special" government list for choosing not to vaccinate my child.People need to pay attention to this!

I doubt that will ever change. I have been in the middle of a few protests/riots - not a fun experience.

I am a bit in the dark about the vaccination deal - besides some article I read online about people using a religious cause to get out of having to have their children vaccinated. What is the reason behind not wanting that done?

You gotta hand it to her for her ability to manipulate. Freedom of the press doesn't involve antagonizing riot police and there are plenty of other proper methods to go about asking the questions she wanted to ask and the right people in charge to ask.

But she got her video of her being arrested and the ability to say how outrageous it all was.

What about this, and this, and this..and this

In the run-up to the Republican convention, Minnesota police launched a series of preemptive raids to intimidate protesters and quash dissent.

http://www.minnesotaindependent.com/6259/reports-of-additional-pre-rnc-raids-in-st-paul-still-

arriving://http://www.minnesotaindependent.com...till-

arrivinghttp://www.alternet.org/story/97110/

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?.../MNQJ12LPN1.DTL

It's been widely known for quite some time that Minnesota is a neo-fascist police state that has been controlled by Republicans for generations.

You shouldn't be surprised by any of this.

civildisobedience01.png

I've not paid too much attention to the news this weekend, but have any of the majors talked about the raid on Firday last week in Minneapolis? The police raided a protestor center and detained and photographed the people there. From all I understand this place was simplya resource center/centralized meeting place and not at all worthy of he attention. The "anarchy" types, who despite what you may hear from the right wing punditry are not mainstream democrats, these guys would never openly meet/use obvious resources, so I can't quite figure out the reason for the raid?

You mean't to say raids. The reason for the raids is the Republicans and the police do not want an opposing view to be seen by the rest of America. I don't recall seeing preemptive raids to intimidate protesters and quash dissent @ the DNC.

i'm only going by what i heard on the radio this morning, but just exactly how 'peaceful' was said protest? sounds like there was a lot of damage to public property involved.

Most of the raids were in private homes with children present, no protesting even going on.

i'm only going by what i heard on the radio this morning, but just exactly how 'peaceful' was said protest? sounds like there was a lot of damage to public property involved.

Sometimes, the physical manifestation of democracy and an individual's right to express an opinion is a messy thing.

I don

The anti-war march was organized by a group called the Coalition to March on the RNC and Stop the War, whose leaders said they hoped for a peaceful, family friendly event. But police were on high alert after months of preparations by a self-described anarchist group called the RNC Welcoming Committee, which wasn't among the organizers of the march.

:rolleyes Nice. Sounds like the overall march was pretty peaceful, but these morons really did some damage. Way to make a point...or not, as they are anarchists, or whatever.

i'm not condoning any of the raids, but if the local authorities were aware of activities planned by groups like this...i don't know.

Thanks for bringing Macy's down and messing up our right to free speech with violence and stupidity so the real message is lost.LOSERS! I would consider them copy-cat protesters @ best.Mobb mentality jumping on the band-wagon despite having no idea what is being protested. Legal and peaceful groups that are to protest the RNC have been planning legal activities for over a year, this mix of thugs are not associated with them.

http://www.startribune.com/politics/277360...iD3aPc:_Yyc:aUU

Sometimes, the physical manifestation of democracy and an individual's right to express an opinion is a messy thing.

Authorities said Connecticut delegates were among the GOP members assaulted by anti-war protesters outside of the Republican National Convention.

They included former Rep. Rob Simmons, who told The Hartford Courant that they were swarmed by dozens of protesters as they approached the Xcel Energy Center on Monday.

Simmons, state Republican party chairman Chris Healy and other Connecticut delegates were doused by a solution that smelled of bleach. A hazardous materials team checked them afterward. No serious injuries were reported.

Paramedics also examined 83-year-old Stratford delegate Fred Biebel, who had trouble breathing after a protester snatched a delegate credential from his neck.

Protesters at the convention also smashed windows, punctured car tires and threw bottles Monday. Police used pepper spray in confrontations with demonstrators and arrested several people.

i'm all for peaceful expression of opinion that doesn't involve fucking up public property or infringes on other peoples rights to express their opinions too. again, sounds like some bad apples...doing a hell of a great marketing campaign for 'anarchy'. where do i sign?

i get that they are a group of people not officially involved w/ the protest, but these 'mix of thugs' have been planning for a time ahead of the convention as well. their known existence at the convention does warrant some heightened security, no? if anything, equal amount of disdain being given to the cops should be given towards this cool 'welcoming committee' who messed things up for everybody else. all i'm saying.

What evidence do you have of her antagonizing police? Were we watching the same video? One second she's standing in one place, asking why her producer has been arrested for covering the protests, and the next second she's being pushed around and cuffed.

Gotta hand it to you for your ability to only see what you want to see.

I logged into myspace a minute ago and Tom delivered a message to me from Homeland Security. I always wondered how much they pay attention MS. :shifty Great tool for the government, just hope my layout doesn't land me in jail.

Latest Update from Tom

SEP 1, 3:00pm PST

The Department of Homeland Security has asked MySpace to help distribute information about Hurricane Gustav. Try these links:

How to Get Help, Finding Friends & Family, Health & Safety, Donate & Volunteer, En Espanol, What Government is Doing.

I'm happy to Hurrican Gustav evacuees are safe and sound for the moment. There is still alot from Katrina that isn't finished yet though.

to be fair on the auspices of 'seeing what you want to see'...didn't they tell her a couple of times not to cross the police barricade or she'd be arrested? and then she did so anyhow? hardly antagnostic, but she hardly stood in one place either. should she have been arrested, probably not...but she didin't have to cross the line either.

and...

Evan Vucci, another AP photographer, was with Rourke but did not see him get arrested.

"The police had pushed the protesters into a parking lot where they had police coming from all sides to encircle one area," Vucci said. "Once they got all the protesters into this one parking lot they kind of rushed and arrested all the protesters in there."

Vucci said he was picked up from behind, thrown down, and kicked in the ribs by police before being handcuffed. He said he avoided being arrested after showing an officer his press credentials.

"I don't think the police officers were targeting journalists," Vucci said. "The group they were going after was a pretty aggressive group, and I think they'd had enough of them. ... I think the cops were amped up."

i guess i'm just not buying into that this was some GOP-orchestrated attack on the freedom of speech/protest. or even that you had bad cops purposely attacking innocent protestors. again thank that 'welcoming committee' for messing things up for everybody else.

What evidence do you have of her antagonizing police? Were we watching the same video? One second she's standing in one place, asking why her producer has been arrested for covering the protests, and the next second she's being pushed around and cuffed.

Gotta hand it to you for your ability to only see what you want to see.

Yes, because the best way to get the answers to those questions is to ask the policemen stationed on the front line of protection, and the video undoubtedly starts right at the moment she arrived at that location. :rolleyes

i'm all for peaceful expression of opinion that doesn't involve fucking up public property or infringes on other peoples rights to express their opinions too. again, sounds like some bad apples...doing a hell of a great marketing campaign for 'anarchy'. where do i sign?

i get that they are a group of people not officially involved w/ the protest, but these 'mix of thugs' have been planning for a time ahead of the convention as well. their known existence at the convention does warrant some heightened security, no? if anything, equal amount of disdain being given to the cops should be given towards this cool 'welcoming committee' who messed things up for everybody else. all i'm saying.

In principle, I agree