New Election Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You stay classy, viachicago.

dude, grow a fucking sense of humor

i'd find it funny if it was Obama's daughter (if she was 17)

cripes old man, is it time to change your diaper? :lol

:cheekkiss

tasteless, but i'll be damned if those aren't pretty funny.

exactly.

i don't care what the subject is, a well executed 'shop is always worth a laff

I have missed the last, oh, 20 pages, so forgive me. Help me out, is it being implied that the Palin pick hurts the Republicans? Or, is this just wishful thinking.

I have missed the last, oh, 20 pages, so forgive me. Help me out, is it being implied that the Palin pick hurts the Republicans? Or, is this just wishful thinking.

yes. apparently, mccain should've picked a liberal for his vp. then the obama supporters would've switched their vote.

Good thing Palin is ready to be president, don't know how much McCain can take qpm2bl.jpg

FYI, not all Obama supporters are liberals. I know a lot of republicans and others party supporters that are not voting McCain/Palin. If you think picking Palin benefits the republican party's chances, more power to you.

Nutshell:

Either, McCain picks up Clinton voters because he picked a woman, or, Clinton voters are offended that he picked a woman who doesn't support traditional women's issues (whatever that means), so he loses them.

Also, either family-values voters appreciate her support of her daughter's decision to keep the baby, or, she loses them based on her inability to control the youngster's teenaged hormones, not to mention that she's not staying home to care for the young'uns.

Either her outsider status is refreshing, or, her lack of experience takes away McCain's argument against Obama, based on his lack of experience.

And some other stuff. Lots of arguments to be made on both sides.

Either, McCain picks up Clinton voters because he picked a woman, or, Clinton voters are offended that he picked a woman who doesn't support traditional women's issues (whatever that means), so he loses them.

Also, either family-values voters appreciate her support of her daughter's decision to keep the baby, or, she loses them based on her inability to control the youngster's teenaged hormones, not to mention that she's not staying home to care for the young'uns.

"Losing them" implies he had them to begin with. I don't see how he would lose any previous Clinton voters based on this selection. In fact, I talked to several friends/acquaintances over the weekend who were Clinton supporters and are now going to vote for McCain because of Palin. I don't know. What exactly are "traditional women's values" anyway?

I do see the "experience" argument, etc. etc., but I guess I'm just having a hard time seeing that this is anything but a help.

Yes!

I saw that, and I liked it.

Edit: I also feel oddly better about voting for McCain now that he is standing next to a young attractive confident woman. I know, I know.

"Losing them" implies he had them to begin with. I don't see how he would lose any previous Clinton voters based on this selection. In fact, I talked to several friends/acquaintances over the weekend who were Clinton supporters and are now going to vote for McCain because of Palin. I don't know. What exactly are "traditional women's values" anyway?

Pro-life vs. pro-choice is a big deal (the big deal) for a lot of people.

are we suggesting that bristol practiced abstinence, but it failed her?

Worse, she partook in the sinful act of sex, and devil be damned, became impregnated. The irony of course being, her mom is a big supporter of abstinence only sex-ed. We can only speculate, but maybe if mom took a more reasonable, realistic approach towards sex and contraception, little Ms. Palin wouldn

also an Obama supporter calling anyone out for a lack of sense of humor is rich. From the outcry over the new yorker cover, to the stone silence innthe audience every time jon Stewart makes a joke about Obama, you guys as a whole don't have much humor about your guy.

I think Palin was a desprate move but sort of a genuis moove its all about perception for the republicans Obama has to win, while republicans have had 8 years to corrupt the system. What happens if they steal another election? whos gunna do shit about it? Al Gore laughssssssss

also an Obama supporter calling anyone out for a lack of sense of humor is rich. From the outcry over the new yorker cover, to the stone silence innthe audience every time jon Stewart makes a joke about Obama, you guys as a whole don't have much humor about your guy.

Must've been canned laughter I was hearing over my own while they played their "biography video" from the convention?