New Election Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is nothing more than my intuition talking -- but I would bet dollars to pesos Sarah Palin will go down as the worst VP pick in recent history. Of the many videos I've watched of Palin speaking, articles I've read, quotes from her family, daughter's pregnancy vs. her abstinence stance, a husband who could get very interesting, and a political life in Alaska antithetical to that of D.C. -- I don't think she has any idea what she and her family have gotten themselves into. I think this is gonna be ugly. I actually feel kinda sorry for the entire family.

Your right on.

SHE'S A POLITICIAN!

I fail to see a point among the capital letters.

That was funny when Tucker pulled that one out!

http://blog.indecision2008.com/2008/09/02/...explain-it-all/

I saw this live and it was hillarious. I love the National Gaurd Commander-in-Chief argument (analogous to the "executive-politician" bullshit). I played with G.I. Joe as a kid so I'm qualified to be Commander-in-Chief too.

She is a very weak choice chosen mainly for image reasons, womanhunter,outdoors woman, perceived corruption fighter, pro-life etc... But thus far she has been unimpressive from them haveing to claim her foreign policy experience comes from sharing a border with Russia to being CIC of the Alaskan National Guard and trying to make it sound like shhe has been directing them in Iraq etc... Desperate stuff, weak stuff. Add on to that simple things like her nnot being sure whata vice president does to her thinking that the founding father wrote the Pldge of Allegiance. Obama is going to hew up and spit out McCain nt eh presidential debates, and I feel Biden will do worse to her. The noise being made about hher being a good pick is just that noise, the love is not as deeply there outside of the die hard 30% crowd as they would like you to think it is.

Pft

I fail to see a point among the capital letters.

I saw this live and it was hillarious. I love the National Gaurd Commander-in-Chief argument (analogous to the "executive-politician" bullshit). I played with G.I. Joe as a kid so I'm qualified to be Commander-in-Chief too.

Without Comedy Central I'd shoot myself :worship

Did you catch yesterday where Karl Rove diagnoses Biden with terminal doofusism? True story man.

Mc Cain would not have made this pick for VP unless he has all of his ducks in a row.........

the ducks are........er, I mean voting machines!!!

named Ohio, Michigan,Florida and Colorado.........

I guess I'm a depressed liberal...... :ohwell

-Robert.

Ok sweetie, you did the same thing. Show me please how she is qualified and perhaps I will bite it. Show me even a link the size of my..v____a. :cheekkiss

I just remembered why I had you on ignore. "Sweetie"? C'mon.

I dunno don't you think all this talk that she is not qualified gives ammo to the republicans? what is crazy talk anyways this is an American elecetion were talking about.

I understand the experience question. I think ultimately it takes ammo away from McCain. This is one of his first major decisions. The first qualification for being vice president should be that they are able to be president. So in effect, McCain has to give up on knocking Obama's experience or he makes himself look like a poor decision maker.

Also, Obama was born in and grew up in Hawaii, but his political life has been in the Illinois State Senate and U.S. Senate. Big difference between Governor of Alaska. The governor of Alaska has nothing to with foreign policy no matter what that the Dooster says. Shit Arizona's near Mexico. McCain/Palin should just run the f'ing UN. But seriously Alaska is removed from the rest of the US. It's a fact. I don't necessarily think being from Alaska hurts her credentials, but if they keep trying to make that a strength, it is going to fly back in their face.

Overall, I'm not sure if she's a good pick or a bad pick. For me, I think it highlights how old McCain is (which never was a problem for me before), but most importantly, I don't agree with her on much. But as for how this will play out in the election, I've learned not to make any assumptions about the American voting public.

here is the simply answer how anyone can be qualified to be president. ready...... George W. Bush

what qualifeid? I think you all forgot that evrey president and vice president have many people around them with important jobs that do all the work(scheming).

And again Obama suporters (I am one , out of hope) Palins inexpirence or w.e only highlights Obamas inexpirence which dosent matter either Im just saying your hypocrites.

have you ever had a cup of gene simmons's coffee, my man? it's so mind-altering it'll even make you think busting up a macy's look like signing the declaration of independence.

Afraid I haven't, but I did get to hear Lick It Up during lunch break caller request hour on of our crappy classic rock stations. What a treat. Yeah Yeah, Wooo, Lick It Up, It's only right now...

Mc Cain would not have made this pick for VP unless he has all of his ducks in a row.........

-Robert.

Hey Colorado is a blue state now. I aims to keep it that way with multi-culturalism, progressive thinking....... well Denver is liberal.

Afraid I haven't, but I did get to hear Lick It Up during lunch break caller request hour on of our crappy classic rock stations. What a treat. Yeah Yeah, Wooo, Lick It Up, It's only right now...

I gotta say, I'm surprised no one's hitting you with a Charbucks reference.

I understand the experience question. I think ultimately it takes ammo away from McCain. This is one of his first major decisions. The first qualification for being vice president should be that they are able to be president. So in effect, McCain has to give up on knocking Obama's experience or he makes himself look like a poor decision maker.

Also, Obama was born in and grew up in Hawaii, but his political life has been in the Illinois State Senate and U.S. Senate. Big difference between Governor of Alaska. The governor of Alaska has nothing to with foreign policy no matter what that the Dooster says. Shit Arizona's near Mexico. McCain/Palin should just run the f'ing UN. But seriously Alaska is removed from the rest of the US. It's a fact. I don't necessarily think being from Alaska hurts her credentials, but if they keep trying to make that a strength, it is going to fly back in their face.

Overall, I'm not sure if she's a good pick or a bad pick. For me, I think it highlights how old McCain is (which never was a problem for me before), but most importantly, I don't agree with her on much. But as for how this will play out in the election, I've learned not to make any assumptions about the American voting public.

Good points for sue, as far as policies I just assume all there politicians are asholes. The republicans know people know this so they just use scare tactics.

Romney would have been disastrous at least this pick makes things interesting. It

I guess I'm a depressed liberal...... :ohwell

-Robert.

We just need Michigan out of those three, not to cheat, according to recent polls (fingers crossed). The other 3 look to be trending toward the Retardicans.

I was starting to respond to this but I can't justify this crazy talk.
I gotta say, I'm surprised no one's hitting you with a Charbucks reference.

You don't wanna start that shit again. I don't mind, I'll debate coffee all damn day. Just put an espresso maker in my office so I'll cup that shit and report back.

I want to hear more about this "stole the election" horseshit.

Seen it. Cards were preprogrammed to show a tally. Some were screwed up and showed more people voting Retardican than total quantity in the voting district. It looks like a pretty easy rig job, too. I know I am skeptical with any system when I walk in to my polling place and the workers have W stickers on their cars. Doesn't matter to me, McBush is going to win our state so I am writing Jon Stewart in.

Yeah, you kept saying you had me on ignore...

Again, you haven't posted why Palin is fit to be prez, vice prez, or a good fisherwoman.

Grit. See John Wayne for an example. Or the second coming, Dubya. Grit is the only prerequisite to be Pres or VP.