New Election Thread

I think Palin was a desprate move but sort of a genuis moove its all about perception for the republicans Obama has to win, while republicans have had 8 years to corrupt the system. What happens if they steal another election? whos gunna do shit about it? Al Gore laughssssssss
huh?
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We discussed that point till the pregnant girls came home..nobody listened. This is exactly why it should be discussed, although somehow without mentioning her daughter? Again, Palin should have put her family before the VP slot she is not qualified for.

How is she not qualified?

Are you watching a different show than I am every night?

I read an article that stated that the Daily Show is the only show that has done more jokes about Obama than McCain or Hillary.

And I support Obama, but I'm always ready to make fun of him. Granted not all of his supporters do, but Obama himself and most of his supporters laugh that stuff off. Obama makes jokes about being the "One."

huh?

For some really conservative and christian voters, pro-life seals the deal despite all else. I'm sure it floats both ways, but stronger to the right. If you beleive Palins's strong views on abortion has nothing to do with why she was picked, I don't know what to say. Republicans abuse this issue on so many levels.

Mother-in-laws say the darndest things:

"I'm not sure what she brings to the ticket other than she's a woman and a conservative. Well, she's a better speaker than McCain," Faye Palin said with a laugh."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/r...tain_about.html

I saw this last night...classic!

How is she not qualified?

Show me how she is qualified to be President of the United States of America please.

I have missed the last, oh, 20 pages, so forgive me. Help me out, is it being implied that the Palin pick hurts the Republicans? Or, is this just wishful thinking.

She is a very weak choice chosen mainly for image reasons, womanhunter,outdoors woman, perceived corruption fighter, pro-life etc... But thus far she has been unimpressive from them haveing to claim her foreign policy experience comes from sharing a border with Russia to being CIC of the Alaskan National Guard and trying to make it sound like shhe has been directing them in Iraq etc... Desperate stuff, weak stuff. Add on to that simple things like her nnot being sure whata vice president does to her thinking that the founding father wrote the Pldge of Allegiance. Obama is going to hew up and spit out McCain nt eh presidential debates, and I feel Biden will do worse to her. The noise being made about hher being a good pick is just that noise, the love is not as deeply there outside of the die hard 30% crowd as they would like you to think it is.

I read an article that stated that the Daily Show is the only show that has done more jokes about Obama than McCain or Hillary.

And I support Obama, but I'm always ready to make fun of him. Granted not all of his supporters do, but Obama himself and most of his supporters laugh that stuff off. Obama makes jokes about being the "One."

2a5byh3.gif

Show me how she is qualified to be President of the United States of America please.

Well, she's not running for President, but I guess that's beside the point. I'm still waiting to see/hear how Obama is qualified to be President. Isn't that what we should be asking?

The noise being made about hher being a good pick is just that noise, the love is not as deeply there outside of the die hard 30% crowd as they would like you to think it is.

I disagree, but ok. I guess we will have to wait and see.

She is a very weak choice chosen mainly for image reasons, womanhunter,outdoors woman, perceived corruption fighter, pro-life etc... But thus far she has been unimpressive from them haveing to claim her foreign policy experience comes from sharing a border with Russia to being CIC of the Alaskan National Guard and trying to make it sound like shhe has been directing them in Iraq etc... Desperate stuff, weak stuff. Add on to that simple things like her nnot being sure whata vice president does to her thinking that the founding father wrote the Pldge of Allegiance. Obama is going to hew up and spit out McCain nt eh presidential debates, and I feel Biden will do worse to her. The noise being made about hher being a good pick is just that noise, the love is not as deeply there outside of the die hard 30% crowd as they would like you to think it is.

This too:

Palin's Church May Have Shaped Controversial World View

I don't see how former Sen. Clinton supporters can vote for McCain/Palin - unless they intend to change their belief system.

This is nothing more than my intuition talking -- but I would bet dollars to pesos Sarah Palin will go down as the worst VP pick in recent history. Of the many videos I've watched of Palin speaking, articles I've read, quotes from her family, daughter's pregnancy vs. her abstinence stance, a husband who could get very interesting, and a political life in Alaska antithetical to that of D.C. -- I don't think she has any idea what she and her family have gotten themselves into. I think this is gonna be ugly. I actually feel kinda sorry for the entire family.

This is nothing more than my intuition talking -- but I would bet dollars to pesos Sarah Palin will go down as the worst VP pick in recent history. Of the many videos I've watched of Palin speaking, articles I've read, quotes from her family, daughter's pregnancy vs. her abstinence stance, a husband who could get very interesting, and a political life in Alaska antithetical to that of D.C. -- I don't think she has any idea what she and her family have gotten themselves into. I think this is gonna be ugly. I actually feel kinda sorry for the entire family.

SHE'S A POLITICIAN!

I was starting to respond to this but I can't justify this crazy talk.

I dunno don't you think all this talk that she is not qualified gives ammo to the republicans? what is crazy talk anyways this is an American elecetion were talking about.