New Election Thread

NO. I'm saying that Palin (not any parent) cares more about her career than being a parent. What do you think Palin has been doing for the past three years? From beauty queen> mayor> Governor> Vice Pres Candidate. Do you think she moved that quick up the latter by going to girl scout meetings and volunteering at the high school?

Looks like she turned her back on her kids to focus on her career - Just Sayin'

So she should've been back in the kitchen is what you're just sayin'. What was her husband doing during this time?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless you know her medical history and the details of that pregnancy, I don't think anyone can claim it was reckless, and the fact that everything ended up perfect proves that it wasn't.

There have been multiple reasons that people have questioned her judgment in regard to this pregancy. The fact that "everything ended up perfect FAR from proves it wasn't reckless. If I speed, while driving drunk, w/o a seatbelt, in the wrong lane -- and arrive at my destination w/o incident -- does that prove my actions weren't reckless? Some serious fallacies in your logic.

This is a really ridiculous and unflattering argument that you're trying to make. You honestly think that a pregnant teenager is ironclad proof that a parent is overburdened/unequipped to parent the number of children they have? There are SOOOO many reasons, in my opinion, that Palin would not be a good VP/P. That she has 5 children isn't on the radar at all. How many kids did/do the various Kennedys had/have? How many children does Orrin Hatch have? Has anyone suggested that they have too many children to govern?

Your not reading what I'm saying. I'm talking about the choices that Palin has made. My mom had me as a teenager and we are fine. I'm saying she chose to chase her dreams instead being there for her kids. My mom made sacrifices to be there for me. I don't care how many children she has. I do care when a hypocrite political type tells women how to make choices about ther own personal bodies but at the same time turns her back on her own children to be Governor and in Vogue magazine.

I heard that Obama made a left turn without signaling. Do we really want someone like that running our country?

Some have speculated that McCain was unaware of the out-of-wedlock-teenagers' pregnancy prior his selection of Palin, is all. Didn't Palin push for total abstinence sex education in Alaska? That's a straight-up question, not a rhetorical question.

There have been multiple reasons that people have questioned her judgment in regard to this pregancy. The fact that "everything ended up perfect FAR from proves it wasn't reckless. If I speed, while driving drunk, w/o a seatbelt, in the wrong lane -- and arrive at my destination w/o incident -- does that prove my actions weren't reckless? Some serious fallacies in your logic.

Then what were the risks? Why did the doctor okay the flight home?

Then what were the risks? Why did the doctor okay the flight home?

you don't honestly believe there were no risks in an 8 hour flight home w/o a doctor, hours after her water broke? i haven't read anything about any dr. signing off, but even if that happened, her judgment will be in question for me unless more facts come out.

My sister is a smart woman with a demanding career that actually contributes to the common good. She doesn't spend as much time as Donna Reed spent with her kids, but that does not mean the kids are not loved and do not love their mother. Is that wrong? Shouldn't smart people use their intelligence to help keep society going?

No we are evaluating what a poor choice John McCain made.

Just out of curiosity, who do you think he should've nominated? Given McCain's positions on the issues, is there a running mate he could've picked that you wouldn't be slinging mud at?

There are other issues:

yeah, i guess..........but none quite as gratuitous!

I heard that Obama made a left turn without signaling. Do we really want someone like that running our country?

now there's an apples to apples comparison.

'the clintons had 100 people killed'

I thought they only killed Vince Foster......

My sister is a smart woman with a demanding career that actually contributes to the common good. She doesn't spend as much time as Donna Reed spent with her kids, but that does not mean the kids are not loved and do not love their mother. Is that wrong? Shouldn't smart people use their intelligence to help keep society going?

Sounds like your your sister is awesome.

But does your sister tell other women what choices to make in their own private lives? Is your sister the vice president nominee? Is your sister in Vogue magazine?

Just out of curiosity, who do you think he should've nominated? Given McCain's positions on the issues, is there a running mate he could've picked that you wouldn't be slinging mud at?

Look I'm not the preident nominee but you can't tell me there isn't a more qualified woman in the GOP machine. She's seems like a loose cannon and I don't like his selection. I think it shows poor judgement.

Personally? No.

But, McCain did invite this level of attention with an historic, unknown candidate (I hate Romney, but you know what you're getting, he's more experienced, offers much needed economic credibility, and helps w/Michigan -- as an Obama supporter, I'm glad he didn't pick Romney). And, although I'm not sure, I think Republicans have slung some mud in their days as well -- I'll have to check around. I'll start in Carolina in 2000.....

Willy as usual you are right -- at least as far as McCain is concerned. However, I don't believe anyone's career should limited by the number of kids she/he has. However, I am disturbed that she could be a heartbeat away -- and I don't think that she is in any way prepared to be president.

man, I'm constantly surprised at the depths people will sink to in order to attack politicians they disagree with. Astounding.

On the one hand, I think it's legitimate to question McCain's choice for VP considering today's news and how it might throw a monkey wrench into his campaign. Some were already questioning her qualifications based on her limited political life to date, but a personal situation in which potential conflicts with her political viewpoints have emerged might hurt, too.

On the other hand, do we want to vote for politicians based, at least partly, on the decisions of their offspring/spouses? It'd be nice to say "no" but the reality is that a lot of people do factor that in.

This is a situation best left alone by the Obama camp as it's taken on a life of it's own.

On the other hand, do we want to vote for politicians based, at least partly, on the decisions of their offspring/spouses? It'd be nice to say "no" but the reality is that a lot of people do factor that in.

Exactly. "A lot of people" like Republicans never hesitating to spout off self-righteous indignation at Clinton or Edward's affairs. They argue its important because it reflects their judgment. Although not a perfect analogy, they are both private issues made public because they reflect the judgment of public officials. I don't think either example (Dem's affairs or Palin's odd birth circumstances) is determinative on the judgment issue, but they both should factor.