New Election Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, whoever is shopping the who's yer mamma story had better have more than photos of alleged baby bumps, or lack thereof. If not, it's fringe nonsense and a classic overreach that will only make Palin a sympathetic figure. Especially if it involves a girl of 17.

fwiw, the speculation about the baby possibly being her daughter's began long before she was announced as VP

The rumors that Bristol was pregnant began after she got in a car accident coming out of a clinic prior to her taking the 4 month leave from high school.

The REALLY strange part.... Palin would have known her kid had DS during the first three months of her pregnancy (assuming she got prenatal care... debatable in Alaska). So, she goes to Texas to give the speech. At 4 in the morning, she starts to leak fluid. She has her day, gives her speech... and then flies 11 HOURS BACK TO ALASKA to give birth to her kid. A kid at HIGH RISK. What kind of parent, if this is all true, would do that?!??!?! If she truly was leaking amniotic fluid, and it was streaming down her leg as she has described, what kind of judgement is needed to get on a plane back to the boondocks to give birth to a premie rather than go to a hospital in Dallas?

Don't necessarily believe the teen pregnancy angle... but something stinks.

Seriously.... would you vote for someone to be responsible for all of our children when she takes risks such as these with her own?

She has her day, gives her speech... and then flies 11 HOURS BACK TO ALASKA to give birth to her kid. A kid at HIGH RISK. What kind of parent, if this is all true, would do that?!??!?!

Wikipedia says it was 8 hours. I can think of a few reasons why a mother would do such a thing:

1) Woman get very comfortable with their doctor and want him/her to deliver the baby, not a stranger.

2) Her medical insurance might not have covered a delivery away from home.

3) She'd had 4 children already and knew she had plenty of time.

Wikipedia says it was 8 hours. I can think of a few reasons why a mother would do such a thing:

1) Woman get very comfortable with their doctor and want him/her to deliver the baby, not a stranger.

None of those are good enough reasons for someone who is prolife. Those are reckless decisions, and if she had half a brain she would know that having 4 kids previous doesn't give you any kind of indication what the NEXT one will be like. Even I know that and I'm not a mom.

None of those are good enough reasons for someone who is prolife. Those are reckless decisions, and if she had half a brain she would know that having 4 kids previous doesn't give you any kind of indication what the NEXT one will be like. Even I know that and I'm not a mom.

It's pointless to discuss when we don't have the facts, but my points were all quite valid. Hospitals are full of first-time moms who rush to the hospital hours before they're ready. Experienced mothers aren't so antsy.

This story has to be one of the most beyond the pale strange things I've ever heard of. I'm still shaking my head in disbelief.

It's pointless to discuss when we don't have the facts, but my points were all quite valid. Hospitals are full of first-time moms who rush to the hospital hours before they're ready. Experienced mothers aren't so antsy.

A 1st time high risk pregnancy would make one a little more antsy I would think. But yeah, let's wait for the facts. Either way there is a lot of mystery to this lady, so why was she picked to possibly be our next president? Before last week most of this nation had never heard of her.That seems reckless on McCain's part, and fishy. He is well aware he may win, and if so, she may become president if something happens to him. Thanks McCain.

The rumors that Bristol was pregnant began after she got in a car accident coming out of a clinic prior to her taking the 4 month leave from high school.

The REALLY strange part.... Palin would have known her kid had DS during the first three months of her pregnancy (assuming she got prenatal care... debatable in Alaska). So, she goes to Texas to give the speech. At 4 in the morning, she starts to leak fluid. She has her day, gives her speech... and then flies 11 HOURS BACK TO ALASKA to give birth to her kid. A kid at HIGH RISK. What kind of parent, if this is all true, would do that?!??!?! If she truly was leaking amniotic fluid, and it was streaming down her leg as she has described, what kind of judgement is needed to get on a plane back to the boondocks to give birth to a premie rather than go to a hospital in Dallas?

Seriously.... would you vote for someone to be responsible for all of our children when she takes risks such as these with her own?

:thumbup good points

fwiw, the speculation about the baby possibly being her daughter's began long before she was announced as VP

yep, can't blame dirty politics on Obama. I don't even think the O camp has mentioned it?? It may turn out to be used to their (McCain) advantage anyway, make Obama/Biden look like jerks for even asking.

Is it true McCain and Bush may not even speak @ the RNC?

Scary stuff In the news- In the run-up to the Republican convention, Minnesota police launched a series of preemptive raids to intimidate protesters and quash dissent.

http://www.minnesotaindependent.com/6259/reports-of-additional-pre-rnc-raids-in-st-paul-still-

arriving://http://www.minnesotaindependent.com...till-

arrivinghttp://www.alternet.org/story/97110/

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?.../MNQJ12LPN1.DTL

Did the DNC email this to you? They even divided the talking points up into convenient bullet points for maximum rhetorical efficiency!

~voted against protecting the polar bear

Polar bears are mean.

~authorized the aerial slaughter of wolves.

Wolves carry lupus.

~denies that global warming is the fault of humanity

Wait, she denies that we are responsible for the weather? What a nutjob.

~wants to teach creationism in America's schools.

Not a fan of that, but it's not like they're teaching much science anyway.

~hunts down and kills moose for food even though she has a high paying

job. She says she likes to kill animals and to wear fur.

Oh, the horror!

~a proud and boastful member of the National Rifle Association

We can't have proponents of the Constitution in government.

~opposes a woman's right to choose even if the child is physically or

mentally challenged, or if a woman has been raped

She apparently doesn't realize that having a handicap makes life worthless. I bet she'd think different if she had firsthand experience...

~ has five children even though she does not have time to raise them

What's the cutoff on this? Is 3 kids OK?

~pro-war and believes America's destiny is to rule the world

Everyone knows that it's Bono's destiny to rule the world.

~has absolutely no foreign policy experience and very little domestic policy experience.

Well, we definitely don't want anyone without much experience seeking higher office.

A 1st time high risk pregnancy would make one a little more antsy I would think. But yeah, let's wait for the facts. Either way there is a lot of mystery to this lady, so why was she picked to possibly be our next president? Before last week most of this nation had never heard of her.That seems reckless on McCain's part, and fishy. He is well aware he may win, and if so, she may become president if something happens to him. Thanks McCain.

I'm sorry to hear that McCain lost your vote with his VP pick. He should've been more discerning about the leftwing blogosphere rumors when he picked a running mate.

It should not be considered a "condition"....it'a a honorable choice. So is abortion though.

My mother was 16 when she got pregnant with me. Her friends were suggesting she should get an abortion. She raised me and she was single.

I don't find anything honorable about abortion.

Did the DNC email this to you? They even divided the talking points up into convenient bullet points for maximum rhetorical efficiency!

I'm sorry to hear that McCain lost your vote with his VP pick. He should've been more discerning about the leftwing blogosphere rumors when he picked a running mate.

No, I made all that up..read it on some liberal blog. Hope you want Palin as your president.

I can't wait to see her go up against Biden...who's been in the senate nearly 20 times as long as Palin has held any kind of office. Just where do you get your faith in her? McCain doesn't even know her.Where has she shown she knows squat about national politics?

My mother was 16 when she got pregnant with me. Her friends were suggesting she should get an abortion. She raised me and she was single.

I don't find anything honorable about abortion.

Well, thankfully we live in a country where no one will force you to have one. Or an abortion.

Shades of the push-polling that happenedin south Carolinagoing on amongst many democrats. Obama's not going to touch this one as long as his supporters are willing to do it, and this thread is showing they are more than willing.

I read a story that Palin wanted her child to be "Alaskan born". It struck me as an insufficient reason to delay medical care (its not like her son wouldn't have been an American citizen if born in TX). But hey, its her child, her life.

her 17 year old daughter, Bristol, *IS* pregnant now however...

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idU...=22&sp=true

:brow

Yeah, this is on CNN too. http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/ WTF?? Is this not the craziest story? Rumors about the fake pregnancy apparently not true.......but NOW she's pregnant? Wouldn't those many rumors about Bristol in the past, her religion, and her mother's job serve as an extraordinary deterent not to conceive a child? And if Palin is releasing this info no to refute the rumors about the former faked pregnancy (as reported), why wouldn't she just put out some pictures or other info (birth cirtificate) to put the rumors to rest (e.g. pics of her at hospital after birth with her child)?

I read a story that Palin wanted her child to be "Alaskan born". It struck me as an insufficient reason to delay medical care (its not like her son wouldn't have been an American citizen if born in TX). But hey, its her child, her life.

Yeah, this is on CNN too. http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/ WTF?? Is this not the craziest story? Rumors about the fake pregnancy apparently not true.......but NOW she's pregnant? Wouldn't those many rumors about Bristol in the past, her religion, and her mother's job serve as an extraordinary deterent not to conceive a child? And if Palin is releasing this info no to refute the rumors about the former faked pregnancy (as reported), why wouldn't she just put out some pictures or other info (birth cirtificate) to put the rumors to rest (e.g. pics of her at hospital after birth with her child)?

All excellent points :thumbup ..but I was told it's liberal jibberish to speak of such things anyway :monkey

to fight ridiculous Internet rumors, she should release pictures of herself in the hospital? That's incredibly invasive and it wouldn't do anything to quash the rumors.

The people putting this out know it doesn't matter if it's true. All that matters is it is out there now.

Hope you want Palin as your president.

i'd be ok with it.

I can't wait to see her go up against Biden...

same here.

...who's been in the senate nearly 20 times as long as Palin has held any kind of office.

years of experience counts now?

Just where do you get your faith in her? McCain doesn't even know her.Where has she shown she knows squat about national politics?

i share her worldview on most things.

you're right. she should've made the honorable choice of killing that kid.