Five Wilco songs you can't stand to listen to.......

Wow, there is a lot of good music here that people are skipping. Hotel Arizona, Spiders, Pieholden...some of my favourites. I must say I never skip any song when I am listening to a Wilco album. I am not that much of a fan of Heavy Metal Drummer and maybe a couple others but I never skip them.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is a rather alarming topic in my eyes...

As a relatively new listener compared to most of you, its the older stuff that really gets my goat

tweedy's voice is really different on all other albums except SBS, and it's the slow pace and weird twanging that Jay Bennett throws around

Nels has raised them to another level, and i cannot believe songs like Side With The Seeds, On and On and On and leave me like you found me are making it on here, they're very emotionally driven songs with each member of Wilco really allowing their talent to come to the fore.

Old songs like radio cure, sure the end is interesting but the start is downright depressing

songs like the more cheery old tunes seem to be getting a rougher reception on here as well, but they kind of give you a spring in your step and are a great antithesis to other darker tracks

discuss.. haha this should be funny :)

Well said.Maybe we are too nostalgic in VC,but sometimes I can

It's so easy to appreciate that song...doesn't the message of it appeal to you?

(edited here to make a point)

tie: leave me like you found me / on and on and on

Seriously...what's so bad about Comment? Is there something I'm missing?

If I didn't answer you...maybe it's because I find your tone a little irritating.

The Pieholden Suite thing is KILLING ME. One of my favorite songs. Hell Is Chrome too. Jeeze.

same here. two of my all-time favorites.

If I didn't answer you...maybe it's because I find your tone a little irritating.

Listen, I find it irritating that you won't discuss this with me. I'm not here to stir up shit and argue.

Like everyone else, I'm here trying to gauge others' opinions on songs, and I simply wanted to know what you don't like about it.

See, this is what I don't get about this place...everyone has something to say, but when someone wants to say something back, many times they are ignored or their opinions otherwise invalidated. The people that aren't ignored are in some kind of weird VC elite club or something...I notice it on the board and IRL. I go to shows, run into people from VC, and it's too easy to see that some people [even though we're all here for the same reason] are just better than others in some eyes. If you want to be acknowledged at all, you have to somehow make it into the elite, the clique.

Why is that?

Oh, and don't tell me to go away if I don't like it here. I did like it here for a while, and I'd like to stick around for the people that aren't condescending assholes...

Listen, I find it irritating that you won't discuss this with me. I'm not here to stir up shit and argue.

Like everyone else, I'm here trying to gauge others' opinions on songs, and I simply wanted to know what you don't like about it.

See, this is what I don't get about this place...everyone has something to say, but when someone wants to say something back, many times they are ignored or their opinions otherwise invalidated. The people that aren't ignored are in some kind of weird VC elite club or something...I notice it on the board and IRL. I go to shows, run into people from VC, and it's too easy to see that some people [even though we're all here for the same reason] are just better than others in some eyes. If you want to be acknowledged at all, you have to somehow make it into the elite, the clique.

Why is that?

Oh, and don't tell me to go away if I don't like it here. I did like it here for a while, and I'd like to stick around for the people that aren't condescending assholes...

I was going to respond in depth here...but I really don't like your tone. Your veiled insinuations ("It's so easy to appreciate that song...doesn't the message of it appeal to you?") are not going to drag me into an internet shitting match.

It's funny how a lot of the songs listed here are my favorite Wilco tunes.

I don't know why but I have always LOVED Hotel Arizona. C'mon, it sounded AMAZING at The Residency.

YES it was and I can't help thinking that the most amaizing thing to me about this band is how seldom i would ever skip any song on a recoding - live, bootlegs, studio - it is unmatched in my experience with any other group. Live I know I will only be upset when its over -whatever they choose to play. No mattter how many songs, it was never enough.

Guest Da Dogg

Heavy Metal Drummer

I am Always in Love

Nothing'severgonnastandinmyway(again)

ELT

Lonely 1 - However it is on such a great album I force myself to listen. Hoping that I am missing something.

California Stars... can take the place of The Lonely 1

I was going to respond in depth here...but I really don't like your tone. Your veiled insinuations ("It's so easy to appreciate that song...doesn't the message of it appeal to you?") are not going to drag me into an internet shitting match.

I don't know what I was insinuating...I tend to be pretty transparent in what I say.

It's only a shitting match if you make it one.

Guest Da Dogg

Why is that?

Hey man can I be your friend?

I only been here for a few posts and I already have been called a troll. Which is odd, because I am so much better looking and walk so much different than a troll oh and I don't live under a bridge.

Extremely Mediocre would be a great name for an album.

Hello Cleveland!

We're called We Pretty Much Suck and here's a track off our new album Extremely Mediocre and it's called Meh.