The Grateful Dead

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to tonight's show. Won't be able to make down there until 5pm or so. I hear Allstate is allowing overnight camping in the lot this year, that should be interesting.

/quote]

I just cant imagine that happening. The very thought of that would make all those Rosemont part time cops heads explode.

I just cant imagine that happening. The very thought of that would make all those Rosemont part time cops heads explode.

Yeah, I don't think I would camp, unless I had no alternative. I haven't seen a show there since 94, so I don't know if things have changed over there or not. That is one of the reasons why I am in no particular hurry on getting to the lot today. But who knows, perhaps the lot scene will be fine...

Those are very frustrated pigs....having nothing to do 98% of the time except directing traffic and acting as crossing guards.

I hate Rosemont cops.

You said a mouthful there, Paul. :thumbup I haven't been there since '88, because it was such an unpleasant scene.

Lammy, let me know if you hear about an extra ticket.

Will do. I believe there are still tix available (though they may be behind the stage....). Also, look at craigslist. I saw a shit load on there a few weeks back.

You said a mouthful there, Paul. :thumbup I haven't been there since '88, because it was such an unpleasant scene.

Okay, someone clue me in, ive never been to the rosemont. What am I gonna have to worry about? Calvino I hope you come back on before tomorrow night i loved to hear how things were inside and out.

Okay, someone clue me in, ive never been to the rosemont. What am I gonna have to worry about? Calvino I hope you come back on before tomorrow night i loved to hear how things were inside and out.

I've been going to shows at Rosemont since 82 and have seen some overly aggressive behavior by the cops there. All you need to know is be aware of your surroundings and keep a low profile in the lot--common sense stuff. Once you're in for the show, you should fine (although I did see cops pulling people out of the audience for sparking up during an 87 Pink Floyd show).

I've been going to shows at Rosemont since 82 and have seen some overly aggressive behavior by the cops there. All you need to know is be aware of your surroundings and keep a low profile in the lot--common sense stuff. Once you're in for the show, you should fine (although I did see cops pulling people out of the audience for sparking up during an 87 Pink Floyd show).

Thanks for the heads up. I wasn't planning on doing anything stupid in the lot anyway. Thats real beat though about the cops on the inside. Hope its not like that tomorrow.

Thanks for the heads up. I wasn't planning on doing anything stupid in the lot anyway. Thats real beat though about the cops on the inside. Hope its not like that tomorrow.

It should be fine. In a normal concert, there is a fair amount of controlled chaos which keeps the wolves at bay. At that PF show, it was so so so mellow and boring that the cops used it to their advantage and had a field day. Go get yer wiggle on!

I'm amazed they're allowing camping. That should be interesting.

We're taking the train out tomorrow - any advice on that front?

Sure........rather than walk from the Rosemont stop (which I did once, big mistake), take the bus or catch a cab.

Good to know, thanks! I read something on the Allstate site about a shuttle from the train - any thoughts on that?

Also, anyone planning to check out this Dead art/photography exhibit across the way?

Good to know, thanks! I read something on the Allstate site about a shuttle from the train - any thoughts on that?

I dont know anything about that, sorry.

Right now I'm having pre-show regrets about not going......hell, I even turned down a free ticket for tonite......dumb, dumb, dumb...

Looking forward to a review from you Chicago folks.

Looking forward to a review from you Chicago folks.

Set I:

chinacat>

born cross eyed

built to last

pride of cucamunga

I need a Miracle >

Wang Dang Doodle

West LA

Liberty

weird first set

this is sorta an off question, but have any of you experienced any issues when ordering from dead.net? i placed an order for 2 shows, Dick's Picks 8 and the new Road Trips, a week ago and they have not even shipped yet! I paid extra for 2 day shipping as well. i've also created a customer ticket inquiry about this ordeal a few days ago and they haven't responded to that. if they sent me an e-mail alerting me to a possible back order, i'd be cool. maybe i'm overreacting, i dunno. sorry about the rant but maybe you guys can help shed some light onto this dilemma for me as this is my first time ordering off of dead.net.

About a month after the fact I finally got the Terrapin and RT Vol2 No2 in the mail today. Evidently they sent my order to Missouri! Better late than never I guess.

Here was my issue, HH. And I never did get an email confirmation that the stuff had been sent. Good luck! :thumbup

i recall reading that but was thinking you had to wait 2 weeks, not an entire month! that's ridiculous. you're right on the "better late than never" part. for those prices on the Dick's Picks, its def worth the wait for me.

Set I:

chinacat>

born cross eyed

built to last

pride of cucamunga

I need a Miracle >

Wang Dang Doodle

West LA

Liberty

weird first set

Wow, that does look kind of strange on paper (err, screen). What was the second set?

(Set 1)

China Cat Sunflower

Born Cross-Eyed

Built To Last

Pride Of Cucamonga

I Need A Miracle

Wang Dang Doodle

West LA Fadeaway

Liberty

All Along The Watchtower

(Set 2)

Mexicali Blues

Into The Mystic

Peggy-O

A Hard Rain's A Gonna Fall

Space>

Drums>

Space>

Iko Iko

Standing On The Moon

Going Down The Road Feeling Bad

(Encore)

Imagine

Box Of Rain

It was a good show last night. The sound was a bit muddy where I was standing (on the floor right next to the soundboard).

Warren was very high in the mix, at times too high. He drowned out pretty much everyone at times. At least he played well, though.

For me the only clunkers were Standing on the Moon and Imagine. Neither of these two clicked for me.

It was bit funny for me to get a Liberty, with the previous discussions a few days ago. I would have rather heard U.S. Blues, but Liberty was played well. I thought that was going to be the last song of the set, but they went into Watchtower, which was great.

The acoustic set was good. Bobby's guitar work (when I could hear it) was great. Warren had some nice licks through out the acoustic set, also. Phil (actually) sang Peggy-O very well, for me his best vocal of the night.

Drums were cool, Micky was wearing a sailor's cap for some reason towards the end, the space did not do much for me until the end when they went into Aiko, Aiko. During space, before Aiko, Aiko, Billy came from behind the drums to put a tambourine on Weir's mic stand. Coming out of space, Weir grabbed it and started to go into the Aiko beat and started to sing the song with only the accompanied of his tambourine. It sounded great. The Dead tried to get us involved with the refrain, however the people around me were not that into it, oh well.

GDTRFB and Box of Rain were a great way to end the show.

Overall it was pretty good. I am definitely glad I went and I feel I got my money's work. They did not seem to be going through the motions. I would have preferred a better set list; I bet tonight will have one. I went with my wife and my neighbor, neither saw the band before, and they enjoyed themselves.

I got to the South Lot pretty late (around 6pm). It was great though. Everyone was tailgating and they had two full rows of Shakedown. I did not see any trouble between security and patrons outside, at all. I was very, very surprised. If I could have done it over, I would have taken the whole day off yesterday and headed over there a lot earlier. Inside the venue was fine, too. Typical pat down heading into the Venue, but nothing extreme. Overall very great scene all around (for me at least).

Calvino: Was the "Hard Rain" the Bobby/Ratdog version or the Phil/P&F version or neither? I've always really, really liked the P&F version (great lilting rhythm) compared to the Ratdog version (slow and waning).

re: the setlists. Besides Drums/Space the setlists are really nothing compared to the GD ones, which makes sense. They're truly just an amalgamation of songs. The China Cat-> no Rider has been done by Ratdog and P & F a bunch with the Rider often popping up at the next show.

Calvino: Was the "Hard Rain" the Bobby/Ratdog version or the Phil/P&F version or neither? I've always really, really liked the P&F version (great lilting rhythm) compared to the Ratdog version (slow and waning).

re: the setlists. Besides Drums/Space the setlists are really nothing compared to the GD ones, which makes sense. They're truly just an amalgamation of songs. The China Cat-> no rider has been done by ratdog and P & F a bunch with the Rider oftyen popping up at the next show.

i wasnt there but it was probably bobby's version since it was acoustic.

I cant belive day of the show im waking up with the worst kneck cramp :ohwell

Typical pat down heading into the Venue, but nothing extreme. Overall very great scene all around (for me at least).

so i take it puffing was no problem.