The Grateful Dead

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guesses on highest bid? The person does seem to be starting off a bit low.

ive been browsing around for all 3 volumes and it appears that the first volume can be purchased for around $20, however, volumes II and III are another story...

ive been browsing around for all 3 volumes and it appears that the first volume can be purchased for around $20, however, volumes II and III are another story...

The 3rd Volume and the Addendum are the ones eluding me also.

There are some new videos up at Dead.net.

4/12 Greensboro

4/14 Charlottesville

Goin' Down The Road

interestingly enough

no space last night at MSG

decent show, fun time

a few highlights, but I wasnt blown away

warren is better than I expected

1st set streaming on gdradio.net

I: Cosmic Charlie, China Cat Sunflower > Shakedown Street, Ship of Fools, He's Gone, Cassidy, Sugaree

II: Drums > Cryptical Envelopment > The Other One > Born Cross-Eyed > St. Stephen > The Eleven > Uncle John's Band > Unbroken Chain > Gimme Shelter > One More Saturday Night

E: Brokedown Palace

interestingly enough

no space last night at MSG

decent show, fun time

a few highlights, but I wasnt blown away

warren is better than I expected

1st set streaming on gdradio.net

I: Cosmic Charlie, China Cat Sunflower > Shakedown Street, Ship of Fools, He's Gone, Cassidy, Sugaree

II: Drums > Cryptical Envelopment > The Other One > Born Cross-Eyed > St. Stephen > The Eleven > Uncle John's Band > Unbroken Chain > Gimme Shelter > One More Saturday Night

E: Brokedown Palace

How was the Gimme Shelter?

best part of the show

hes gone and sugaree were also great

Gimme Shelter might have been Phil's suggestion. I seem to recall P&F playing that at the show I saw here in '06 and it was very good.

Gimme Shelter might have been Phil's suggestion. I seem to recall P&F playing that at the show I saw here in '06 and it was very good.

yeah P&F has played it a couple of times

I think phil chose the setlist last night-but that is just a guess

yeah P&F has played it a couple of times

I think phil chose the setlist last night-but that is just a guess

I would bet my paycheck on it.

Grateful Dead 1973-12-12

Soundcheck prior to show: Sound check: Rip It Up. Blue Suede Shoes. Peggy-O, Jack Straw, Cumberland, 30 Days

Set 1: The Promised Land, Sugaree, Mexicali Blues, Tennessee Jed, Jack Straw, Don't Ease Me In, Looks Like Rain, They Love Each Other, El Paso, Peggy-O, Beat It On Down The Line, Brown Eyed Women, Big River, Deal, Playing In The Band

Set 2: Mississippi Half-Step Uptown Toodeloo > Me And Bobby McGee, China Cat Sunflower > I Know You Rider, Greatest Story Ever Told, Row Jimmy, Weather Report Suite Prelude > Weather Report Suite Part 1 > Let It Grow, Wharf Rat > Me And My Uncle, Eyes Of The World,> Morning, Sugar Magnolia

E: Casey Jones

I've never heard the 12/12/73 show you posted. Kind of an odd-looking setlist for the time - no Dark Star or Other One. But Playin' was never better imo than Fall '73.

To whom it may concern, jolly joke has sbds up of both nights of the worcester run.

I listened to this particular disc like 6 times last weekend.

6/09/1977

Set 2 Samson And Delilah Funiculi Funicula, Help On The Way -> Slipknot! -> Franklin's Tower Estimated Prophet -> Saint Stephen -> Not Fade Away

Anyone ever get "stuck" on a particular show or a particular part of a show?

I listened to this particular disc like 6 times last weekend.

6/09/1977

Set 2 Samson And Delilah Funiculi Funicula, Help On The Way -> Slipknot! -> Franklin's Tower Estimated Prophet -> Saint Stephen -> Not Fade Away

Anyone ever get "stuck" on a particular show or a particular part of a show?

I was stuck on a "Deal" from MSG '81 for about 2 weeks not long ago. The jam is ridiculous. There are whole shows and parts of shows and particular songs and particular parts of songs that I never get over, though. I'll go back to them forever.

ed. Donna was on "maternity leave" for latter half of Nov. and Dec. of '73....

The Jam at the end of Dark Star on Dick's Picks Volume 2 (Columbus, Ohio 10/31/71).

The Jam that appears on the set list after "Dark Star" is generally referred to a "Tighten Up" jam by collectors due to its similarities to the Archie Bell & The Drells tune "Tighten Up". The Grateful Dead would jam on the theme only a handful of times, mostly from 1969 until 1971.

Jerry's playing on this jam makes me think of someone surfing.