The end is near!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

god is responsible for droves of teen girls giving blowjobs and turning victoria jackson into a nutcase. please try to keep up.

Great point, because even outside of (some) religious circles, Obama is still viewed as the anti-christ, and fathers and daughters make pledges promising virginity... to god and each other.

In fact, most non-believers also share these sane and not fucking crazy beliefs.

So I suppose the best way to justify my vote is like this:

As much as it pains me to do so, I had to vote against my ideals. I had to put aside my disdain for the 2 party system and put my trust in a man who I do think has the potential to do a good job, but who may not be able to given the circumstances. But, this is no time for idealism. And I hope Barack himself understands that. He's looking at a possible filibuster proof majority, so he would be able to push almost anything he wants through. And that's a lot of power at a time when what we need is for the president to have less power, not more. I hope he is able to put what is best for the country ahead of what is best for democratic special interests and the base. Sure, Iraq isn't doing great. But if we leave before the nation is ready for it, we're going to set ourselves up for a lot more problems in the future. Sure, people need health care. But our economy also can't afford to have more money taken out of it in the form of higher taxes.

I'd have much more faith in him if he was looking at a split government, because I don't think we need someone guiding the ship by hand. Things may look grim, but this happens. And everytime the economy does dip down (or just flat out go down), it comes back up eventually. You can't have sustained growth nonstop or it will fall on itself. I just hope we don't judge him based on that, because he's not going to be able to control it.

Probably the biggest thing that made me vote for him is Palin. This is such an astoundingly terrible choice for Vice President that I couldn't, in good faith vote for McCain, and as I said earlier, idealism isn't right for this time. We need to be strong while handling things delicately. And I hope Barack is the man for the job. It's going to be a tough go for him, but hopefully he can get through it and get us out on the other side, better than before. And I believe it's going to happen, it's just a question of when.

And like I said earlier, the fact that he's black has nothing to do with it. If I was going to vote for him because he is black, why not vote for Palin because she's a woman? It's just as shallow.

I had more to say, and I'm not sure if this really says anything, but that's what's there.

he's half white too you know. But Palin, she's all crazy. She's a political animal the likes of which I haven't seen in a long time. I am actually surprised she didn't kill and eat John McCain on the campaign trail, although I guess there is still time.

People that believe in the Anti-Christ need to take a bible history course. I hope that fiscal conservatism can rescue itself from the tethers of relgio-stupidity. Not because I am a fiscal conservative, but because I find it to be an intellectually responsible perspective that is opposite to my own. It levels things off. If you wanna talk anti-christ and prayer in public school than the debate just got dumber, we're learning less and the country can't improve.

Maybe the end of the Bush administration and the lame duck that has been the McCain campaign will be the end of an era and the republicans can spring back with some grace.

On the issue of race - there are a shit-ton of young racists in this country. And there are a shit-ton of young non-racists in this country.

I've been working on a jewish bit all day but can't bring it home without really going blue.

I've been working on a jewish bit all day but can't bring it home without really going blue.
Go blue....

remember lots of Jews are voting against Obama because they believe he is anti-Israel and possibly an Arab.

LouieB

$10 i post that up in JAF attributed to early tweedy lyrics from the upcoming album, people think it's genius. that said, she's about of good of a writer as she is a comedian.

That sounds like JAFism to me.

wow. all that time i spent watching victoria jackson, i thought she was only acting like a crazy. just . . . wow.

$10 i post that up in JAF attributed to early tweedy lyrics from the upcoming album, people think it's genius. that said, she's about of good of a writer as she is a comedian.

the fun has started -- you are a bad man, El F. :lol

It's a chicken/egg question, really. I just don't remember it being a big thing for democrats until '04, and I think it's fair to say that losing a close elections with that as a factor probably influenced that.

First of all I can't believe this was allowed to pass..

bob, I must say that you likely "don't remember it being a big thing for Democrats until '04" because you weren't following politics very closely as a pre-teen. My point isn't that your age is a negative but were you seriously aware of the specifics, hell aware of much of anything, about the Democratic party platform in 2000 when you were 12 years old, much less earlier? Come on, man!

First of all I can't believe this was allowed to pass..

bob, I must say that you likely "don't remember it being a big thing for Democrats until '04" because you weren't following politics very closely as a pre-teen. My point isn't that your age is a negative but were you seriously aware of the specifics, hell aware of much of anything, about the Democratic party platform in 2000 when you were 12 years old, much less earlier? Come on, man!

I was. I was posting in political threads in 2004 (though I'd hate to go back and read them...) and I remember staying up most of the night during the 2000 election. I was as politically aware as a 12-16 year old could be, and I was way more liberal then, so I was pretty aware of and in line with the democratic party.

I was. I was posting in political threads in 2004 (though I'd hate to go back and read them...) and I remember staying up most of the night during the 2000 election. I was as politically aware as a 12-16 year old could be, and I was way more liberal then, so I was pretty aware of and in line with the democratic party.

Right, but in this hypothetical world where Al Gore is President, you have Al Gore, the Senate's biggest environmental activist for 30 years, leading the party. This alternate world Democratic party would be following the lead of Gore instead of Kerry, Reid and Pelosi. The environment would have been a big issue.