The Faces reunite!

It looks like the Faces, Rod Stewart and all, will be reuniting and touring next year. Wow.

Rod Stewart has confirmed his former band The Faces are back together for a reunion.

It was claimed at the start of the week that the remaining members of the group - Ronnie Wood, Ian MCLagan, Kenney Jones and Rod - were to reform for a 2009 tour. It's thought Stewart's bassist will stand in for late bass player Ronnie Lane.

"Yes, absolutely," Rod replied when asked if the reunion rumours were true. "We have our first rehearsal on Monday. It will be next summer and I am looking forward to it. It'll be great."

"Ronnie [Wood] is up for it. I think he feels great. He is full of energy and very excited. We try not to mix our family problems with work. I'll see him Monday."

link

Could be great. Could be awful.

I am curious to see, either way.

At any rate, they should do with Ronnie what Monty Python did with Graham Chapman, and tour with his ashes!

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been talked about for several years now. I was hoping to see a message from Mac on his website - but he has not said anything as of yet. There is suppose to be a re-master/re-release of the Faces cds also. The Faces message board has been down for a long time now - although the website is still there.

Mac's Website

Faces.com

Edited by Analogman

i do get slightly tired of being a grump . . . but, ronnie lane WAS the faces. and even if he was still alive and taking part, it's just a bunch of old men pretending to be young again playing their hits with slightly less conviction than a tribute act. a bit like the kinks, it was good whilst it lasted - now find something else to do.

i do get slightly tired of being a grump . . . but, ronnie lane WAS the faces. and even if he was still alive and taking part, it's just a bunch of old men pretending to be young again playing their hits with slightly less conviction than a tribute act. a bit like the kinks, it was good whilst it lasted - now find something else to do.

I sort of agree with that - but I am sure Mac (and Ronnie, according to his book, he is broke) could use the money. Rod does not, and Kenny makes out due to The Who making him a full partner back in the day.

I sort of agree with that - but I am sure Mac (and Ronnie, according to his book, he is broke) could use the money. Rod does not, and Kenny makes out due to The Who making him a full partner back in the day.

i've got no problem with those guys wanting to make some money from it all, it's just slightly sad that the only way they can make it is by this sort of thing. they get old age pensions soon anyway. poptodd said in his first post, it'll either be great or crap - i don't think so, it's just going to be somewhere inbetween the two - like all these things are, they aren't going to take any risks, and nobody's going to get too excited either - it's just a nice little earner, give the people what they want.

I never knew Kenney was fulltime member of The Who. Is Woody even a fulltime member of the Stones yet?

Not fulltime member, but rather, a full partner in The Who Inc. Apparently, he stills gets a percentage of whatever they do.

I read in that big red Stones book that Bill and Charlie demanded that Ronnie be paid more - but according to Ronnie's book, he has blown all of his money, and even on the last Stones tour, he had to ask for an advance. I saw some photo of him the other day somewhere - he has taken up with some young model or whatever she is.