The Tallest Man On Earth "Shallow Grave"

Fleet Foxes "Fleet Foxes"

Vampire Weekend "Vampire Weekend"

The Raveonettes "Lust, Lust, Lust"

Wye Oak "If Children"

Oxford Collapse "Bits"

British Sea Power "Do You Like Rock Music?"

Hayden "In Field & Town"

Need to listen more to the new Sloan and Elliott Brood.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol. can you explain why that looks so boxset-ish and lavish with all that artwork and so forth?

-justin

that's what the initial copies of the self-release looked like/came with (minus the Thank You card and high school photo, it's my friends photo, i don't have a photo of mine handy ;))

hardwood floor, I couldn't care less if you expressed a differing opinion from mine about something. I actually agree with you about REM (short of the 'dishonest' comment). It's your attitude that irks me - you come across as smug, and it's ironic when you cry out that people are attacking you for having a differing opinion, when your opinion constantly comes across as an attack (or at least insulting) in the first place.

hilarious

seriously, you're complaining because some guy on an internet music message board has an attitude you don't like?

stop the presses

this place is freaking precious

Man, no way all of those are better than Stay Positive, This Gift, and Songs in A & E

not huge on Stay Positive, sorry ;)

easily THS weakest record for me. it's good though, don't get me wrong. 3-4 fantastic songs, but also 2 or 3 shitty tracks for me too, which i can't say about past albums of theirs.

and never been much of a Spiritualized fan honestly, i like some of their stuff, but a lot of it bores me. new one is decent however.

and This Gift was a pretty big disappointment for me, as someone who absolutely ADORES Sons & Daughters. like Stay Positive, not a bad album per se, just not one of my favorites on the year.

I liked the new albums by the following bands a whole lot (in no particular order):

Julie Ocean - Long Gone and Nearly There

Drag the River - You Can't Live This Way

Jr. Juggernaut

Vampire Weekend

The Ergs! - Live at Insubordinaton Fest 2007

Night Marchers

Teenage Bottlerocket - Warning Device

The Steinways - Gorilla Marketing

not huge on Stay Positive, sorry ;)

easily THS weakest record for me. it's good though, don't get me wrong. 3-4 fantastic songs, but also 2 or 3 shitty tracks for me too, which i can't say about past albums of theirs.

and never been much of a Spiritualized fan honestly, i like some of their stuff, but a lot of it bores me. new one is decent however.

and This Gift was a pretty big disappointment for me, as someone who absolutely ADORES Sons & Daughters. like Stay Positive, not a bad album per se, just not one of my favorites on the year.

I think Stay Positive is better than Almost Killed Me (but it's close). But even though I think it's their third best, it's still better than a lot of the stuff that's out there. I still haven't been able to embrace "Both Crosses" and "One For the Cutters" is merely average, but the rest of the songs are great. Factor in the bonus tracks (which may or may not be fair) and it's a great album.

I'm surprised you were disappointed in This Gift. There is a bit more of a sheen on the album that sacrifices a little of the rawness from past albums, but I think the fuller sound balances her voice really well.

Oh well, at least we can agree on Wolf Parade :thumbup

i'm also a little bitter that S&D cancelled their Mpls show and didn't come back here on their subsequent tour this fall :/

i definitely don't dislike This Gift, it's just not in my top 25 per se.

and those are 2 of the songs on SP i don't like as well.

Say it isn't so. Did you ever get around to checking out the latest James McMurtry album?

no!

thanks for the reminder

Whoops..Forgot Elbow "Seldom Seen Kid"!

damn... that's on my list too somewhere

I think Stay Positive is better than Almost Killed Me (but it's close). But even though I think it's their third best, it's still better than a lot of the stuff that's out there.

Boys and Girls in America

Almost Killed Me

Separation Sunday

Stay Positive

And there's not a weak album in the catalog.