The Inauguration

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're lucky then. It would've been so much better if it had just been Betty LaVette.

while i agree... he did a lot better than i expected.

when he first stepped on the stage i got angry, but that last note he hit was pretty impressive for him.

It was a nice concert. There were a lot of combinations of artists that didn't seem like they would've worked but actually sounded pretty good together. And I agree with you, solace, that Jon Bon Jovi did an okay job, definitely better than I was expecting. I would've much rather heard Betty LaVette sing with John Legend, though.

I tuned in mainly to see U2, but I think I liked Pete Seeger and Bruce Springsteen the best, mainly because Pete Seeger looked elated for the entire song.

Obama's speech was powerful, too. I think it's finally sinking in for me that he really is going to be president. I know that sounds silly, but for the last few months it's felt almost too good to be true. Only one more day of Bush :dancing

Obama should open his inauguration speech with: "White people, please report immediately to your city or town hall, where you'll receive instructions for your boatride to Antarctica. Nah, just playin'."

:rotfl

Dick Cheney tomorrow morning:

nosferatu.jpg