New album news!

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got Rolling Stone magazine today! The article first talks about some album title suggestions that Wilco has pinned up in the loft:

Best Album Yet

Nova Bowl

Kiwi in My Pants

Down With the Skirts

The last one catches Tweedy’s eye

*************New Album Spoilers **************

I just got Rolling Stone magazine today! The article first talks about some album title suggestions that Wilco has pinned up in the loft:

Best Album Yet

Nova Bowl

Kiwi in My Pants

Down With the Skirts

The last one catches Tweedy

yeah... saying that is a standout track does not bode well.

This is Rolling Stone we're talking about. I'll take their info, but do without their opinions. Hopefully this article is waiting for me at home!

I don't really remember the dates last time, but didn't the album come out in may but they streamed it on wilcoworld for a day in march or something? So assuming the June date is accurate, we might hear this in April. They have streamed the past 3 albums online before they came out, so this one should be no different methinks.

What do you guys think about the title suggestions? Which do you prefer, if any? :D

Best Album Yet

Nova Bowl

Kiwi in My Pants

Down With the Skirts

Guu; they all sound pretty dumbish. They should just number their albums from here on out, so #7 or whatever they're on now.

Guest Jules
Guu; they all sound pretty dumbish. They should just number their albums from here on out, so #7 or whatever they're on now.

Really? I think they're good.

And I think "Wilco, the Song" is a great song, so it probably is a standout track. Sheesh.

like great as in fun great? or great as in would be in Wilco's top 20 great?

otherwise, i wouldn't consider it, great.

it was fun in the context of Colbert, but unless the song has morphed drastically on record, i wouldn't put it anywhere near Wilco's top 50 songs (maybe not even 100, i'd have to count)

Really? I think they're good.

Nova Bowl is the only one that seems doable.

Kiwi in my Pants and Down with the Skirts are too sexual for my Baptist upbringing. I never thought of Wilco having sexual philanderings.

Best Album Yet? kindof pretentious there, Jim

it was fun in the context of Colbert, but unless the song has morphed drastically on record, i wouldn't put it anywhere near Wilco's top 50 songs (maybe not even 100, i'd have to count)

Initially I thought the song was funny at best. Recently though it seems different than the Colbert spin. It sounds much better for some dumb ass reason.

Great as in I really enjoy listening to it great. Then again, I've listened to it only a few times and I wasn't concentrating on where it would fit in my top 100 Wilco songs.

I'm also not sure how one person's opinion on the relative "standout-ness" of one song that we might not have even heard the final version of means anything in terms of what to expect from this album.

Plus, I could give two shits where it would rank on your list. The only list that matters is mine.

I'm sorry you feel that way about the album titles. Because those are all absolutely serious candidates, I'm certain.

don't be sorry, i don't care either way about titles...just the songs and their sequence especially as it is placed on vinyl.