• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Put..... "in a sloppy,pyrotechnic face paint" sort of way..... :pirate

-Robert

:lol

i'm betting on an early may leak...

I'm betting on earlier than that. Didn't the band stream SBS on its website over 2 months before it was released (I remember it streamed the night we were at one of the LRS)?

I'm betting on earlier than that. Didn't the band stream SBS on its website over 2 months before it was released (I remember it streamed the night we were at one of the LRS)?

It was in the first week of March in 2007, though I am getting the impression from this article that the new album might not be completely finished yet, so it might be awhile.

--Mike

It was in the first week of March in 2007, though I am getting the impression from this article that the new album might not be completely finished yet, so it might be awhile.

--Mike

Yeah, I heard they just started mixing. That in itself can take months, and then it has to be mastered.

While we're idly speculating I will say that the album will be done by mid April, if not earlier.

It seems most luxurious budgets have bands mixing about a song a day. Any more than that would be the result of a real disaster, or conflict ('a subset of HMD').

I will also guess that the greater presence of Jim Scott at the controls will make for a slightly more typical modern rock recording sound than SBS, but then again it's Wilco, there's bound to be some analog coziness to the sound.

All idle, so very idle.....

i don't frequent this part of the forum unless there is a new album out...

can someone confirm the new songs they've played thus far? I've heard One Wing and Wilco Song on youtube. I really like One Wing, but Wilco Song seems like a joke and a little light. Is that a serious contender for the new album?

i don't frequent this part of the forum unless there is a new album out...

can someone confirm the new songs they've played thus far? I've heard One Wing and Wilco Song on youtube. I really like One Wing, but Wilco Song seems like a joke and a little light. Is that a serious contender for the new album?

1. My Country Has Disappeared

2. Everlasting Everything

3. I'll Fight, I'll Fight

4. Solitaire

5. Wilco, The Song

6. Deeper Down

7. You And I

8. One Wing

9. Sunny Feeling

As far as I know and from what we've heard, "Wilco, the Song" will be on the album.

I don't think they've played My Country Has Disappeared.

I thought that was the Crush the Cities one. Either way, that one is probably my favorite so far.

I'm still on the fence trying to decide whether to listen to any of these new songs. I'm sure I'll break down at some point.

I've heard One Wing, Wilco Song, and Sunny Feeling, and I have stopped there.. I think it spoils the surprise to listen to new songs, and especially if the album leaks.. It takes a lot of restraint not to listen to leaks but I'm going to try really hard.

There's nothing better than going to your little ma and pop record store on the day the album is released, picking up the CD and popping it in the car CD player, and hearing all or most of the songs for the first time.. Great feeling. :)

I still remember the feeling when I first heard the opening guitar to "Either Way".. :thumbup

I'm more of a live recording guy anyway, so these live tracks I've all heard, and usually in the context of the show. But for album tracks, I don't do the leak; I wait to buy the album. At least with Wilco.

Man, what`s with the disdain regarding Wilco the Song... it`s thus far the ONLY good thing the guys have road tested for this album. The changes are fucking outstanding, the lyrics are great, and it sounds like Summerteeth! If you love the shit out of this song, throw your hands in the air so I know I`m not alone!