• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Marlins forum I'm on does Live Game Threads. I need to stop posting in those, people are really dumb when watching baseball. I always forget that rational thinking isn't a strong suit for most sports fans.

I have a problem in that I think I'm too rational sometimes. Even when I'm at a live game, a guy could strike out 4 times and have 3 errors, but if he's usually awesome I can't boo him.

This Yankee pitcher Melanson, who looks about 15 years old, just walked the bases loaded without registering an out. Even with the pinstripes, I feel awful for the kid.

Brewers at Cincy, and scored 5 in the first, then 4 more before an out was recorded in the 2nd--thanks to a Ryan Braun grand slam. Nice.

Injuries to Youklis and Ellsberry and the inevitable letdown they always experience after a Yankee series. A couple of hits in the first few innings when the Sox had plenty of baserunners would have helped too.

This is the second game between the White Sox and Tigers postponed by rain. They're gonna have to play a triple header down the road. :twitchsmile

Perhaps Elijah Dukes should have a H2H with Norton about channeling pain and mistrust.

Darryl Strawberry was on PBS' Tavis Smiley Show last night (promoting his new autobiography). Wow! Last time I saw him on tv was a few years ago, in court as a crack addict. Now he's cleaned up, confident and focused on just being a responsible father and man. I've never seen him look so calm and HEALTHY. I used to wonder if he'd be someone who would end up in a real bad way, but if he stays on this path; he'll be just fine. Never underestimate the combination of hope and faith!