New Album News - II

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So they sent out promos with no artwork? Not unheard of I guess but the release is next month, i think it is weird there is no artwork.

It is strange that were a little over a month away with no artwork, but its not unheard of for bands to send promos without artwork or with alternate artwork. I used to work at a radiostation, and I have several promos that not only have different or no artwork, they also have different tracklistings. My prize is a promo of OK Computer which came in a paper sleeve with alternate art work, as well as a CD with alternate disc art. (same tracklisting though)

QUOTE (sky blue bats @ May 7 2009, 01:33 PM) post_snapback.gifSo they sent out promos with no artwork? Not unheard of I guess but the release is next month, i think it is weird there is no artwork.

It is strange that were a little over a month away with no artwork, but its not unheard of for bands to send promos without artwork or with alternate artwork. I used to work at a radiostation, and I have several promos that not only have different or no artwork, they also have different tracklistings. My prize is a promo of OK Computer which came in a paper sleeve with alternate art work, as well as a CD with alternate disc art. (same tracklisting though)

Perhaps the cover will be blank like Spinal Tap. Wilco's always had excellent but... tastfully minimalistic covers.

Seriously? I remember WMS, but I don't think I ever knew his real name.

he's pretty much MIA for a while ... but according to his last.fm page his name is Matt.

I have the vaguest recollection of hearing that on the XM comedy channel once.

If Auntumn De Wilde took the pictures for the album it's seriously going to be great, she's done pretty much the best pictures of the best musicians for a long time.

Icky Thump? Sea Change? Figure 8?

All so so so awesome, I'm excited just for the gd art now!

Since I'm not wild about the new album's title, I've decided I'm gonna refer to the new album as Camel. This is done in the same spirit as all those Pearl Jam fans who insist on calling their 2006 self-titled album Avocado (due to the cover art).

WGAF

i thinking we'll hear it by the start of the next tour. they'll have to be playing some of the new songs on the tour this time - and they'll probly like people to know the songs too(remember this is part of why they put yhf on the net)

and that's just in a couple weeks

i'm hoping