Wilco (The Album Discussion w/ spoilers)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Hollinger.

Bull Black Nova bends me over my desk and fucks me. Gently. Firmly. Maybe reaches around and cradles my balls a bit.

a far as the pre-requisite goofy rocker from the last 3 records (Wheel, Kicking TV (realize it was a b-side, but still), & Hate It Here), Wilco (The Song) trumps them all.

that song matured very nicely from the Colbert version

agree 100%

a far as the pre-requisite goofy rocker from the last 3 records (Wheel, Kicking TV (realize it was a b-side, but still), & Hate It Here), Wilco (The Song) trumps them all.

that song matured very nicely from the Colbert version

Oh man, I love Hate it Here... perfect bad day song. Wilco the Song is cool too though I guess.

First off, thanks to everyone who made tonight possible. Wilco and the good people of ViaChicago!!!

Just got to You and I, so far I love this friggin' record. The arrangements are amazing, can't wait to hear them live. So much going on musically.

This is not meant as a bad thing, but I can totally hear You and I at the end of a movie. Beautiful song.

The drums and piano at the start of You Never Know just kicked my ass!

At 1st listen, my favorite tune is definitely "Everlasting". Jeff's beautiful voice does it for me :worship

I am SOOO glad I stayed "in tune" tonight. The album is ABSOLUTELY FRICKIN' INCREDIBLE!!! I absolutely CANNOT wait until my shows in July now (even more so than before)!!!

Rock on VC'ers!!! :rock

Why does this matter?

Because it's nice sometimes when a band recognizes you don't have to throw every idea onto a record just because you can. I think 45 minutes is the perfect length for an album.

"Sonny Feeling"

Dance!

That's probably the most improved from the 4 I heard live previously.

Yes!

I think I may be the only one to not be so very impressed at first listen. I'm not quite sure what it is, but I guess I can express it as not going where I think it should/expect it would. This is endearing and upsetting in the same. Songs like You and I, I expected to go much more upbeat, really take off, which it didn't terribly do. Still a pretty solid record, and listening to tracks again it's beginning to grow.

Totally early to make any kind of a call.