• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only really saw Marino's twilight, so I can safely say Peyton has reached the point where he is the best QB I've ever seen play the position.

I'll argue for my guy Joe Montana, who was as great a clutch player as anyone who has ever played QB. There are also some old-school Colts fans who could argue that Manning isn't even the best Colts QB ever (Johhny U.).

But I will say this unabashedly - Peyton runs the 2 minute drill better than anyone EVER.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/images/01/25/FavreINT.mp3

Great reaction by the Vikes PBP crew.

That game was a microcosm of who Brett Favre is. If it's not for Favre, they aren't in the situation where he had the opportunity to lose the game for them. He puts you in a situation to win, but he tries to do too much and sometimes (the last three seasons) he throws a season ending interception.

THIS IS NOT DETROIT, MAN, THIS IS THE SUPER BOWL!

:lol

I really don't have a preference vis-a-vis New Orleans and Minnesota, but I am glad the Saints won so I don't have to hear "BRETT FAVRE BRETT FAVRE BRETT FAVRE" for the next two freekin' weeks. Jesus. They should just have a designated time each year where a selected ESPN on-air personality just sucks him off during SportsCenter so we can be done with it.

I nominate Chris Berman to go first.

I really don't have a preference vis-a-vis New Orleans and Minnesota, but I am glad the Saints won so I don't have to hear "BRETT FAVRE BRETT FAVRE BRETT FAVRE" for the next two freekin' weeks. Jesus. They should just have a designated time each year where a selected ESPN on-air personality just sucks him off during SportsCenter so we can be done with it.

I nominate Chris Berman to go first.

Why ESPN? I say Pay-Per-View.

$24.95

I am rooting for the Saints. It's not just because I'm a Patriots fan, but because I'd like to see Drew Brees win a ring. And because my best friend had 2 classes with him in Purdue. (although, they were giant lecture halls)

Edit: In fact, I keep forgetting that I went to college with someone who became famous in the NFL. The poor guy who got caught filming for the Patriots was in my 1st Film class in college and he was our actor for our 1st film. When I say "our" I mean that he was in our 3 person crew. In the film he ends up killing himself due to him being an agoraphobic.

I remember him telling me the last time that I saw him that he was going to intern for the Patriots in their editing department. Needless to say I was shocked that he was the one who got the shitty end of the deal when he was dragged through the mud. In a weird sense of art imitating life, I'd see his father on the news saying his son doesn't want to come outside and be interviewed. He obviously didn't kill himself, but it was strange knowing him through this short that we made.

Guest Runaway Jim

It sure is the same old bullshit. What's it been like over 3 weeks since they fired Ron Turner? What you're going to wanna do is wait long enough so that all the good candidates go elsewhere, then reluctantly snag some Turner-esque douchebag because he's the only candidate left, and then try to play it off like he was your "guy" all along. My brother told me he'd seen or read something about some old NFLer that watched some tape of this year's Bears games he'd never seen and was able to accurately predict what play they would run almost everytime. Because that's how bad Ron Turner was. But if you're going to fire the guy, at least hire someone better. Fuck.

I see they have no qualms about running an ad (with Tebow) that is sponsored by (I think) Focus On The Family..

:ohwell

I see they have no qualms about running an ad (with Tebow) that is sponsored by (I think) Focus On The Family..

:ohwell

I KNOW. What a bucket of shit.

That commercial is absolutely disgusting. No Packers fan and Vikings fan would ever get it on like that.

Oh, pshaw. I totally got it on with a die-hard Yankees fan a few weeks ago.

Oh, pshaw. I totally got it on with a die-hard Yankees fan a few weeks ago.

I was going to write, "Don't you mean yanky?," but then I realized that was as lame as that ManCrunch commercial. (My wife liked the commercial, which might explain a lot about our night life.)

:(

we've done this before. I don't think rings should be the deciding factor in QB discussions.

...but only when applied to Tony Romo?

...but only when applied to Tony Romo?

Do you even read the posts you are replying to?

Are you bored?

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with you? Get off the Romo thing, for christ's sake. You obviously didn't read what I said the first time around, want me to link you to the original argument so you can figure out what I said, since you've referenced it twice and brought up a bunch of shit I never said.

http://forums.viachicago.org/topic/41200-nfl-09/page__view__findpost__p__1368516

Go ahead and read it.

Do you even read the posts you are replying to?

Are you bored?

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with you? Get off the Romo thing, for christ's sake. You obviously didn't read what I said the first time around, want me to link you to the original argument so you can figure out what I said, since you've referenced it twice and brought up a bunch of shit I never said.

http://forums.viachicago.org/topic/41200-nfl-09/page__view__findpost__p__1368516

Go ahead and read it.

Nah...it's more fun imagining the vein in your temple throbbing