• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a friendly reminder of how bad ass the '72 Dolphins really were - they won 10 of those

games with their backup QB! Without Manning the Colts are a .500 team at best.

And fwiw Shula said today on ESPN that he would've done the same thing.

Also, in defense of the Colts, they didn't just pull Manning. Half of their starting offense (including the O-line) were on the bench while they were getting pummeled by the Jets' defense.

Here is my dilemma:

I want Mercury Morris to die in a fire.

I want him to die knowing that another team has topped the 72 Dolphins' achievement.

I am conflicted.

I want Mercury Morris to die from blunt force trauma after another team tops the '72 Dolphins' achievement, and he decides to open the champagne anyway, and the cork strikes him upside his convicted cocaine-trafficker head.

Also, in defense of the Colts, they didn't just pull Manning. Half of their starting offense (including the O-line) were on the bench while they were getting pummeled by the Jets' defense.

Yeah, but didn't Saturday play the whole game?

Yeah, I think so. Which further fuels the confusion among the players, I'm sure, with some players feeling like they are expendable, etc.

Never thought of it that way. It's kind of a slinky way to say: "We care about you, but not so much about you."

Jeff Saturday is anything but expendable, IMHO.

As a Jets fan, I just feel filthy. I am comforted by the fact that they will lose this week to miss the playoffs.

Nah. I think they are going to win that game, if for nothing else but the irony of the Jets making the playoffs and the Giants not.

I want Mercury Morris to die from blunt force trauma after another team tops the '72 Dolphins' achievement, and he decides to open the champagne anyway, and the cork strikes him upside his convicted cocaine-trafficker head.

:lol

It is really interesting given the history of The Cowboys (Doomsday Defense from the 60's and 70's) that they recorded two shutouts in a row for the first time ever. The Redskins were not that impressive a shutout...but the Eagles? With a bye on the line?

Dayum.

Guest Runaway Jim

Given that I'm a Bears fan, I saw some pretty ugly Red Zone performances this year. But this one takes the cake...

1st-10-NYJ12 Penalty Cin-J.T. O'Sullivan PENALIZED -5 yards for Delay of Game

1st-15-NYJ17 Penalty Cin- PENALIZED -5 yards for Illegal Formation

1st-20-NYJ22 Penalty Cin-Nate Livings PENALIZED -5 yards for False Start

1st-25-NYJ27 Incomplete Pass J.T. O'Sullivan Pass Incomplete to Larry Johnson

2nd-25-NYJ27 Pass J.T. O'Sullivan Pass to Laveranues Coles to NYJ24 for 3 yards

3rd-22-NYJ24 Incomplete Pass J.T. O'Sullivan Pass Incomplete

Penalty Cin-J.T. O'Sullivan PENALIZED -15 yards for Intentional Grounding

4th-37-NYJ39 Punt Kevin Huber punts 29 yards to NYJ10, Jerricho Cotchery Fair Catch

I look forward to a long offseason of Bears fans re-convincing themselves that Jay Cutler is awesome.

He can be, in the right system (i.e., not Ron Turner's).

That took 3 minutes...

reminded me of Albert Brooks in Broadcast News:

-I say it here, it comes out there.

:lol

ETA: hey, I say it with love. You are talking to a Jets fan doing the same thing with the Sanchise.

Did he get rid of that facial hair yet? He was starting to look like Chico there.

I fully believe Cutler is a very good NFL quarterback.

I am not a Bears fan.

Well, he's not a very good MLB quarterback, that's for sure.

I am not even passing judgment on him. Just that last offseason, Bears fans couldn't stop talking about how great he was, then the beginning of the season how bad he was, and now how great he is. Nothing earth shattering about it. All fans do the same. Just that this is VC. And this is the NFL thread.

I fully believe Cutler is a very good NFL quarterback.

I am not a Bears fan.

Jay Cutler is the modern equivalent of Jeff George...$1,000,000 arm, $.50 brain.

Despite the 26 picks, he had a 60% completion percentage, 27 TDs and 3700 yards on a team with no true #1 receiver, a bad offensive line and no real running game to speak of.

And yes, a lot of the picks were bad throws. But from what I saw, he had a lot of balls that could have been caught or knocked down by his receiver that were picked because his guys sucked.

He's more than good enough.