Kicking Television vinyl box set?

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know this thread is from long in the past, but I'm sitting here listening to my Kicking Television box set right now and basking in how amazing it sounds.   Kind of funny that people initi

There were two copies left on Friday when I went to Grimey's in Nashville. They were 69$. I didn't buy one because I don't love KT and it was a steep price. But now I'm thinking I should have bought them both and sold one for double on ebay and essentially get one for free.

But now I'm thinking I should have bought them both and sold one for double on ebay and essentially get one for free.

It's good you didn't buy two, because they are going for around $80 on ebay now. That huge price we saw was the result of post-RSD madness.

It's good you didn't buy two, because they are going for around $80 on ebay now. That huge price we saw was the result of post-RSD madness.

I don't know...The one No Code Vinyl Amazon has available is going for $178.95 and I'm sure they pressed a whole lot more of them than KT.

I don't know...The one No Code Vinyl Amazon has available is going for $178.95 and I'm sure they pressed a whole lot more of them than KT.

I paid 6 bucks for Vitalogy on vinyl when it came out. I suppose it is up there in price also. That was the last new record album I ever bought.

I second this question

Private means you have to be a member of the illegal bit torrent site in order to grab torrents from there.

If you want to obtain music without paying for it, Google is a good place to use when searching for places to find such things.

Private means you have to be a member of the illegal bit torrent site in order to grab torrents from there.

If you want to obtain music without paying for it, Google is a good place to use when searching for places to find such things.

Well, since I did pay the hefty fee for the bonus tracks as a part of the 4 disk vinyl set, so I will look on Google to obtain music that I HAVE payed for.

Well, since I did pay the hefty fee for the bonus tracks as a part of the 4 disk vinyl set, so I will look on Google to obtain music that I HAVE payed for.

You have the albums - what more do you need.

I am so on the fence. I have everything Wilco's released both on CD and vinyl, but $70 is mighty high, especially for an unemployed arse like myself. Is it really, really, really good? If so, I'm off to Amoeba.

It sounds great. if you love wilco, love wilco live, and love vinyl, you will love it. ya know?

If you arent a huge fan, and dont have a good vinyl setup, and arent as big into them live, you wont think it was worth the money.

I am so on the fence. I have everything Wilco's released both on CD and vinyl, but $70 is mighty high, especially for an unemployed arse like myself. Is it really, really, really good? If so, I'm off to Amoeba.

I love the sound, but it's the confluence of several great things for me: vinyl, Wilco, live.

If pacakaging might be a deciding factor for you, it's really not all that impressive. A sturdy box to hold four 180-g LPs, plus a small poster, plus a pretty minimal gatefold booklet. The records themselves are just in white sleeves.

I'm sure someone will eventually do a high-quality rip of the bonus tracks, though it may take a while to hit the web.

edit: I guess that rip has already hit the web, but not where I can find it.

There goes 70 bones. I knew I was heading down this path, especially given that I'm listening on the computer right now and sit here floored. Thanks!

It sounds great. if you love wilco, love wilco live, and love vinyl, you will love it. ya know?

If you arent a huge fan, and dont have a good vinyl setup, and arent as big into them live, you wont think it was worth the money.

Despite the price, I love Wilco live, and I love this live album..definitely my favorite live album of all time. People can say what they want about versions of the songs and how they have changed live (I admit that some are better now than they were then) but there are some versions on this live document that are irreplaceable for me (Company, Hell is Chrome, Muzzle of Bees, Ashes, Poor Places) This is DEFINITELY worth it on vinyl

juniorfive, you can regret the 70 bones you didn't want to spend right now, or regret the more than 70 it will cost you in the future. I think you made the right choice. If you like Wilco and like vinyl, you want this box. I dropped $30 for each of the re-release vinyls that cam out last year, and didn't regret it. This box is even better.

There goes 70 bones. I knew I was heading down this path, especially given that I'm listening on the computer right now and sit here floored. Thanks!

GOOD CALL! You'll never get it cheaper, and after all it is four records.

Finally got around to listening to the set last night after letting it sit opened & unplayed for about a week. The sound was marvelous through my system, and the bonus tracks are great - they nearly close the AGIB gap and add in a little more variety to the setlist. Now if I could only hear the full concerts from the entire period that KT was recorded...