Kicking Television vinyl box set?

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know this thread is from long in the past, but I'm sitting here listening to my Kicking Television box set right now and basking in how amazing it sounds.   Kind of funny that people initi

I ordered from Nonesuch as well. With shipping to Canada it cost $80.99USD. Considering the CDN dollar is close to par that's not too bad. I called a local shop and they didn't know exactly how much it would be, somewhere between $100-120. Also first come, first served. I love supporting local businesses, especially with vinyl, but with a potential $30 price difference, I went online. The MP3 version is downloading at this moment.

Speaking of record day stuff, is the Unlikely Japan single still kicking around at a decent price. I'd like to grab that one.

I ordered from Nonesuch as well. With shipping to Canada it cost $80.99USD. Considering the CDN dollar is close to par that's not too bad. I called a local shop and they didn't know exactly how much it would be, somewhere between $100-120. Also first come, first served. I love supporting local businesses, especially with vinyl, but with a potential $30 price difference, I went online. The MP3 version is downloading at this moment.

Speaking of record day stuff, is the Unlikely Japan single still kicking around at a decent price. I'd like to grab that one.

Does the download include the bonus tracks?

The pressing of this is only 1,000. That could very well sell out on opening day. i'm starting to worry about how many will be shipped per store. Looks like I'll have to do some lining up.

The pressing of this is only 1,000.

Where did you find that info? I couldn't find the numbers on Wilco's site...then again, I didn't look very hard.

EDIT: Never mind, found the number on the record store day website. Now I'm even more excited!

I want to buy it from the local store as they have been bleeding, but wondering if I shouldn't have gone ahead with kungfu. If it really is 1,000 and not 5,000, that just isn't very many at all. good luck to everyone, it's sort of like the day tickets go onsale, ou have to move fast.

I want to buy it from the local store as they have been bleeding, but wondering if I shouldn't have gone ahead with kungfu. If it really is 1,000 and not 5,000, that just isn't very many at all. good luck to everyone, it's sort of like the day tickets go onsale, ou have to move fast.

True. I'll give my local record store plenty of other business on Saturday. I just didn't want to miss out on this one, esp. if it's limited to a grand. :thumbup

I've check my account, and it shows the status as "imported." I thought they were supposed to ship yesterday . . .

I heard that the LP isn't going to be ready in time for RSD. I emailed my record store to see if they would have any copies and they were told that it isn't ready yet. I really wanted to buy it at the record store, but decided to buy it from the wilcostore instead to make sure that I get a copy. I guess that means I'll have to spend an extra $70 on vinyl when I'm there on Sat. to make up for it!!!

I work at a store, and I'm holding a copy in my hand as we speak. They are ready, and they'll be available on Saturday morning.

..Oh...and they're fucking awesome.

Did everyone just get the email from Kung Fu/Wilco Store that these box sets will not be shipping until next week (April 19-25) now?? The stickers are not ready. :angry WTF??? Great "pre-sale", still happy to get it hassle free though. Often times, waiting is the hardest part.

Due to a delay in sticker manufacturing, there has been a delay in our ship date for the Wilco Kicking Television Live in Chicago LP Box Set. All orders for this product will ship out early this upcoming week (April 19-25) with the sticker that is promised on our website. If you would rather not receive the sticker in order to have your box set shipped sooner, please let me know.

I really appreciate your patience. To apologize for the delay, all orders will also come with an additional Wilco sticker.

Kind Regards,

Annick

Did everyone just get the email from Kung Fu/Wilco Store that these box sets will not be shipping until next week (April 19-25) now?? The stickers are not ready. :angry WTF??? Great "pre-sale", still happy to get it hassle free though. Often times, waiting is the hardest part.

Yeah, I got the email. I was happy to receive it though--I responded that I'd rather the box set ship sooner. I didn't buy it for the damn sticker.

Yeah, I got the email. I was happy to receive it though--I responded that I'd rather the box set ship sooner. I didn't buy it for the damn sticker.

I got the same email, but haven't replied yet, have they replied to your request to ship it now?

I figured to might as well wait. I chose the free standard shipping, so needless to say I really didn't expect it to arrive on Saturday anyways. I can deal with a couple day wait, luckily there is a bunch of other goodies to hold me over on Saturday.