Live Webcast from Concord, NH - April 7th

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It turns out the stuff i did record was damaged. No more recording on my laptop! Did anyone record "In The Street?"

I hope someone grabbed the stream. If someone has it, I would love a copy. I'll be glad to split it and tag it as well.

there were tapers at both nights, and i gave a card to a guy in boston (who i believe said he'd be @ the concord show as well, though i didn't see him) so hopefully these will surface soon enough.

tinnitus, when can we expect to see some photos?! :yes was just looking around your site, it's amazing a) how many of the same shows we've been to and B ) how eclectic that list is! i've saved a ticket stub from every show i've been to-- i can only hope that one day i will have attended as many shows as you have there.

Anyone else feel like they were at a Wilco show last night? I've got brain fuzz from 5 beers last night and hoodoo voodoo on a loop in my head. It's a great morning!

I can certainly identify with that. I woke up with a moderate headache. I think I'm slightly dehydrated. :cheers

tinnitus, when can we expect to see some photos?! :yes was just looking around your site, it's amazing a) how many of the same shows we've been to and B ) how eclectic that list is! i've saved a ticket stub from every show i've been to-- i can only hope that one day i will have attended as many shows as you have there.

thanks!

i will be working on the photos and reviews this evening...not sure if i'll get 'em all done tonight or friday. i kinda wish i'd started concert photography earlier than i did ('06), as i saw a lot of great bands in the 90s-00s as well.

last night's shooting wasn't exactly what i was hoping for...i'll stick my my rambling tale in the live thread...

I've got a good recording of the 4-6 show that I can upload in flac or MP3, but I couldn't record the 4-7 show as the feed wasn't working well. Does anyone want me to try to upload the 4-6 show to sendspace?

:yes

absolutely!!!

I've got a good recording of the 4-6 show that I can upload in flac or MP3, but I couldn't record the 4-7 show as the feed wasn't working well. Does anyone want me to try to upload the 4-6 show to sendspace?

is your recording from the web stream, or did you record it yourself? if the former, I wouldn't bother w/ FLAC...tapers tend to wig out when people transcode from lossy to lossless.

Anyone else feel like they were at a Wilco show last night? I've got brain fuzz from 5 beers last night and hoodoo voodoo on a loop in my head. It's a great morning!

I had the same story the night of the boston webcast. I was rocking up in my loft (not to be confused with THE loft) :thumbup

another great site to upload music is drop.io it is very easy to use, not signing up necessary. once i grab it, i can upload there and share also-- incase rapidshare has any sort of limitations.

Here's a link to MP3's of the 4-6 Boston Webcast. Not sure, but there may be a limit of 10 downloads from Rapidshare. I've never uploaded before. I also still have the wav files that I can flac and then try to torrent. Is there a specific site I should use to torrent the show?

http://rapidshare.com/files/373462673/Wilco_Boston_4-6-10.zip

:thumbup

thank you so much. just grabbed it off rapidshare

Here's a link to MP3's of the 4-6 Boston Webcast. Not sure, but there may be a limit of 10 downloads from Rapidshare. I've never uploaded before. I also still have the wav files that I can flac and then try to torrent. Is there a specific site I should use to torrent the show?

http://rapidshare.com/files/373462673/Wilco_Boston_4-6-10.zip

No torrent sites for webcasts really. There's usually rules against it, since the original quality of the webcast itself is actually lossy. We might be able to put it up on the Owl & Bear Wilco archive. There are other webcasts from the past up there now, I believe. We should consult w/Aman...

"Long time listner, first time caller" - I've never posted here before, but have followed the last two nights on Webcast and became inspired to join the community on VC. VC has such a great vibe & I wanted to say the dialogue the past two nights added a great deal to the Webcast experience - very cool.

Second, I don't know if anyone from the Wilco team follow these posts (forgive the rookie post here, please) but I just wanted to thank them for their generosity and willingness to do things "the right way." It is truly a unique experience in our world that folks this talented would share so willingly and openly. A great blessing indeed.

No torrent sites for webcasts really. There's usually rules against it, since the original quality of the webcast itself is actually lossy. We might be able to put it up on the Owl & Bear Wilco archive. There are other webcasts from the past up there now, I believe. We should consult w/Aman...

All the Webcast sources shows we have came from BT sites - except for whatever ones you uploaded there. (I think that is right). Speaking for myself, I am not interested in Mp3 files of a Webcast. It seems lately that Webcast rips have just been shared around here - maybe that is good enough.

It's this deal:

Regarding digital stream sources

Note: This section pertains to captures of streamed digital audio sources such as satellite broadcasts, webcasts, HD Radio, and the audio portion of digital television dish reception. See elsewhere on this page for policies covering material already captured or circulating as lossy digital files or the audio content of a digital video file or of a video on DVD.

Nearly all digital broadcasts and webcasts carry lossily compressed content. For some examples, broadcasts bearing acronyms such as DVB, DAB, and ADR or carried on networks like Sky Digital and Freeview are lossily compressed digital streams. Despite being lossy, they may be shared on DIME, provided that

1. No higher-bitrate digicast source is known to be at the trading community's disposal;

2. The description on the torrent's page and the internal info file of the torrent state both the compression format and the bit rate of the broadcast stream; and

3. either ..

Preferably, the lossily compressed material is shared in its original compressed format, even if that prevents dividing it into tracks; or

If the stream was transmitted at a bit rate of 192 kb/s or greater (for spoken [but music-related] content, 64 kb/s or greater), it may be shared in a conversion to a lossless compression format.

This provision is a special relaxation of DIME's standard losslessness requirement. If the bit rate and the codec are not stated, or if the torrent's information does not acknowledge its descent from a digital stream, then it does not qualify for this relaxation, and if the material proves lossy, the torrent may be banned for lossiness or lack of information or both.

NOTE ON TOTAL RECORDER AND SIMILAR SOFTWARE: Webstream sources recorded as .wav with this kind of software are NOT allowed, unless the bitrate of the webstream was 192 kb/s or greater, and the bitrate and format of the original source is stated in the torrent's description. Programs like Total Recorder do not record the source in an unchanged form but convert it.

An analog broadcast and a digicast of the same content will, in general, be deemed acceptable alternative sources, and a torrent of each may run on DIME at the same time if there are no other violations in them. If you are posting a torrent derived from an digital broadcast when one from an analog broadcast or an audience capture of the same performance is already on DIME, see the FAQ item on multiple torrents of the same performance and its subsections about alternative versions and the required contrast clause.

Here are links for finding out the stream characteristics of some sources:

* http://www.satcodx2.com/0282/fra/

* http://www.digitalbitrate.com/dbr.php?link=2&sat=319&lang=en

* http://fr.kingofsat.net/sat-astra1kr.php

* http://www.linowsat.de/

* http://www.digitalradiotech.co.uk/satellite_tv_bit_rates.php

* http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtopic=76336 (info for a handful of Australian TV stations)

* http://www.digiandi.de/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1751&Itemid=140

For DIME policy regarding lossless digital-stream sources, see this item in our FAQ.

Lossless streams

For this subsection to apply, the stream itself must be lossless. Capturing a lossy stream in a dub to 1411.2-kb/s files does not make the files lossless; it just bloats them to the size of lossless files and misrepresents them as such.

The codec and bit rate of the stream must be stated in the torrent description and in the internal info file. If it is uncompressed PCM audio (example: the 1411.2-kb/s stream in WMA lossless from KEXP), you must divide it into tracks and compress it losslessly for the torrent, as explained at DIME's rules for torrents allowed on the tracker.

yes. Vince, we need to get the boys back to the Iroquois in L'Ville, man! Or somewhere's between you & me. :cheers

Indeed. If things don't change, 2010 might be the first year in a long time that I don't get the see them. This is not good. Loved the webcast, but there needs to be a show within driving distance soon! I'm not quite to get-on-a-plane status (been on too many this year already for work stuff), but it's getting close. There's a lot of touring dates already set, so I'm getting worried that there might not be anything local coming up. :ohwell

You and Poca doing OK up there? All is well in Lexington. Kids and work. Just the usual. See ya,

Vince