Wilco on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson May 10

Official Link for Tickets

Interbridge Late Night TV Listings

It's not listed on the OCATV link yet for Wilco. Although, Russell Crowe who is sharing the hour on Craig with Wilco is filming his appearance on the Thursday prior on May 6th. (Edit: I understand that Wilco is in Australia on May 6th, but that doesn't mean that they can't film their performance on the day of Monday May 10th.)

It's a good possibility that it will be just Russell Crowe and they will use One Wing from January 28th. But I highly doubt that. Lastly, it is odd for them to come to Los Angeles in between Japan/Australia and (oh wait)...no it makes sense I guess. Fly from Australia to L.A. then to Europe.

:thumbup

Official Link for Tickets

Interbridge Late Night TV Listings

It's not listed on the OCATV link yet for Wilco. Although, Russell Crowe who is sharing the hour on Craig with Wilco is filming his appearance on the Thursday prior on May 6th. (Edit: I understand that Wilco is in Australia on May 6th, but that doesn't mean that they can't film their performance on the day of Monday May 10th.)

It's a good possibility that it will be just Russell Crowe and they will use One Wing from January 28th. But I highly doubt that. Lastly, it is odd for them to come to Los Angeles in between Japan/Australia and (oh wait)...no it makes sense I guess. Fly from Australia to L.A. then to Europe.

:thumbup

They may have already taped it actually. Though most of the interviews on that show are live, sometimes they film the musical acts in advance. I was listening to an interview with John Hodgman, who'd appeared with They Might Be Giants on Ferguson in December, and he explained that they filmed it in the last of week of October. So, yeah, the old One Wing might happen.

I have to admit, I have only been half paying attention on this tour. So, what else from WTA could they do? That they haven't already played on television.

--Mike

I watch Craig pretty regularly and I've never seen them replay an old performance on a new episode. They might have recorded it already, but I'm pretty sure it will be a new performance and a different song.

It is odd that they are back on the show already though...

I haven't been following very closely lately, but I remember hearing Wilco would be working on new material early this year; could it be a new song? I'd think not, but maybe?

Nope. I actually meant the official Wilco page which has a special section for television appearances. :thumbup

I think they'll do your name (Sonny Feeling) or I'll Fight. I'd love to see Bull Black Nova but it's a bit long for broadcast tv.

Yeah, there's only Russell Crowe, but Craig can kill time with the best of 'em.

They may have already taped it actually. Though most of the interviews on that show are live, sometimes they film the musical acts in advance. I was listening to an interview with John Hodgman, who'd appeared with They Might Be Giants on Ferguson in December, and he explained that they filmed it in the last of week of October. So, yeah, the old One Wing might happen.

I have to admit, I have only been half paying attention on this tour. So, what else from WTA could they do? That they haven't already played on television.

--Mike

This is a strong possibility. In watching the "One Wing" appearance, you can see an acoustic guitar in front of the drums.

WilcoHQ tweeted that it will be "Deeper Down."

Unfortunately, all TV networks employ censors. Obviously there's no way to know for sure, but I have a (not so sunny) feeling that the lawyers who work in Standards and Practices at CBS, aka the censors, wouldn't clear a song about a serial killer (BBN) or a song containing the line, "It didn't feel like the wrong time or place, until they cut off her clothes" (Sonny Feeling).

Discovered while setting my DVR for Ferguson: DirecTV is doing Freeviews of Wilco at Farm Aid during the 1st half of May on ch. 101.

i love DTV 101! Trailer park Boys and now Wilco! :dancing

Saw a episode the other day where Ricky Kidnapped Alex Lifeson... some funny stuff.

Unfortunately, all TV networks employ censors. Obviously there's no way to know for sure, but I have a (not so sunny) feeling that the lawyers who work in Standards and Practices at CBS, aka the censors, wouldn't clear a song about a serial killer (BBN) or a song containing the line, "It didn't feel like the wrong time or place, until they cut off her clothes" (Sonny Feeling).

"Up above the tallest Dutch dope high"? :-p

This performance looks like it was recorded some time ago - possibly at the same time the band recorded One Wing for the same show last year. The giveaway is the facial hair that both Pat and Glen are sporting. Both were clean-shaven when I saw them live in Sydney last week.

Nice performance though!

Since half the shows on CBS are about serial killers, I don't think song lyrics are much of an issue.

Nice performance of "Deeper Down" -- I liked that Jeff's guitar was upfront in the mix.

Argh, Deeper Down. I'll be skipping this one.

I agree. Song just does not do it for me...never takes off.

I have them both recorded and it is from the earlier appearance because they are all wearing the same clothes. They moved Pat's keys to the back for the 2nd performance.

Still great to see them anytime on TV.

Nice performance indeed. I like the song, and it works fine in an intimate setting like this...just not in a big venue with an overkill sound system.