• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still hear (oh, oh) get well soon on I Might as (oh, oh) we'll see...

I like the kind of shrug-off cynicism in the lyrics that my ears hear. Fits the song!

Not misheard lyrics, but lyric-related: the other day my son came across a forgotten plastic pumpkin in his toybox and said, "This is where I'll put my leftover candy from Halloween." I almost said, "Dude, you transposed a couple of words there," but I've learned to keep my mouth shut regarding All Things Wilco when nonfans are involved. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Handshake drugs - aside from the usual "the blondes were being pulled down on the (dude)"... I always thought the chorus referred to the ant-shaped drugs he bought downtown. Personally never done that before, they could be ant-shaped, meh, what do I know...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been listening to Being There since it came out and always thought it was "You're Tarzan and you're friend Janine." It's kinda nice to revisit a song and learn something new about it. Reading the lyrics sorta ruins the mystery for me.

I've been listening to Being There since it came out and always thought it was "You're Tarzan and you're friend Janine." It's kinda nice to revisit a song and learn something new about it. Reading the lyrics sorta ruins the mystery for me.

It's "your Tarzan and your friend Janine", right? So they're spelled differently and have different meanings, but they sound identical.

Maybe it's just me, but in some of the live soundboard mixes on Owl & Bear of I Got You (At The End of the Century) in which John's vocals seem to be more prominent, I hear him sneeze - in other words: "AhhChoo!" rather than "It's you!'

That's an old nickname my dad used to have for me. :-)

I had to look it up. The only reason I know about any of this is after listening to the 4/8/2006 solo show:

http://www.wilcobase.com/event.php?event_key=949

I sought it out since it was the 2nd to last time he played The Long Cut, which is my favorite JT song. On that note, if anyone has a recording of the 2/4/2009 show, let me know.

http://www.wilcobase.com/event.php?event_key=1167

I'm desperate to get my hands on it, and Wilco refuses my repeated web requests to play that song anymore. :(

Guitarzan and your friend Janine.

Nah, can't be. I'm not saying Jeff may not have said Guitarzan at a show or two, but I've got about a dozen versions of this song on my iPod and I don't hear him saying guitarzan on any of them.