I find it hard to believe that so many of the people complaining about ticket prices wouldn't take the same opportunities to make more money. If I could sell out theaters at 50-200 a seat, I won't even pretend for a second that I wouldn't. It doesn't mean you have less artistic integrity, it's just business. Which even art is in today's world.

I agree but still don't think I'm droppin the $200.

" I don't see it as anything but supply and demand. If he couldn't sell $200 tickets he wouldn't."

I just hope the people saying you should pull what you can pull per ticket are not the same people bitchin about somebody selling the KT box set for $80.

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree but still don't think I'm droppin the $200.

" I don't see it as anything but supply and demand. If he couldn't sell $200 tickets he wouldn't."

I just hope the people saying you should pull what you can pull per ticket are not the same people bitchin about somebody selling the KT box set for $80.

well, just because an artist could ask for more money doesn't mean they should! neil has never been one to give back to the fans, unlike wilco, radiohead, etc. i just love neil, but feel so far removed from him. i'm glad there's opportunity to really be a part of a scene these days with more of a collective of artist and fans.

Has this thread driven you to rethink you avatar?

:dancing

that's funny. maybe unconsciously? i actually was interested in what kind of guitar Tony Rice plays and found this picture and on a whim decided to change my avatar. incidently, i plan on seeing tony rice in the fall and will probably pay $25 :cheers

I wonder what Neil was up to during the supermoon?

Feverishly trying to find a way to make money off of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Why drag Ralph, Billy, & Poncho into this?

He won't be dragging me into any of his shows until he drags himself back into Crazy Horse.

Neil, it's time. Your recent work is a joke compared to 95% of everything the Horse ever touched.

He won't be dragging me into any of his shows until he drags himself back into Crazy Horse.

Neil, it's time. Your recent work is a joke compared to 95% of everything the Horse ever touched.

i hope and think they have one last go at it. a jammed out album and maybe a few small tours. neil probably assumes he'll be doing this till he dies, but i'm not sure about the horse. as individuals they may not be around too much longer. who knows.

i would think after the aneurysm and Ben Keith's passing, Neil doesn't take anything for granted...

right. who knows. just when you think he's done it all, he finds something new to do. wonder what's next for him? i'd love to see a crazy horse album or an acoustic album.

i hope and think they have one last go at it. a jammed out album and maybe a few small tours. neil probably assumes he'll be doing this till he dies, but i'm not sure about the horse. as individuals they may not be around too much longer. who knows.

I hope you're right about NY & CH doing it one more time (or more than once), and wrong about them as individuals not having much time left.

I shouldn't be too hard on Neil. I admire that he's still "heading for the ditch", to borrow one of his own phrases, but almost none of his recent music does anything for me.

I hope you're right about NY & CH doing it one more time (or more than once), and wrong about them as individuals not having much time left.

I shouldn't be too hard on Neil. I admire that he's still "heading for the ditch", to borrow one of his own phrases, but almost none of his recent music does anything for me.

for good or ill i pretty much love every damn thing he's done. he could do a rap album and i'd probably love it. his worst album imo is Everybody's Rockin'. given it's context it's pretty funny though.

Speaking of over-dubbing video footage with audio footage, I recently found out the 1971 Massey Hall DVD footage was from a different show. I don't remember hearing about this when it came out, though I am sure it was discussed. Still enjoy the dvd/cd, though.