• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I am so going to this somewhere, somehow.

This is one of those rare times I thank my lucky stars on being old and having my mortgage paid off. :cheers

if it's not a hassle and relatively cheap, i would go. i thought they sounded great at the Bridge shows. like an early CSN.

Speaking of The Buffalo Springfield, I got my hands on this the other day:

Buffalo Springfield - The Missing Herd: Livestock [1CD] This is subtitled Vol 5 and is an addition to the official four-CD Springfield box set released in 2001.

01 Introduction 0:41

02 Go and Say Goodbye 2:40

03 Mr. Soul 6:27

04 Bluebird 9:18

05 Pay the Price 5:32

06 Nobody's Fool 4:11

07 My Kind of Love 4:21

08 Good Time Boy 3:32

09 For What It's Worth 3:30

10 Rock 'n' Roll Woman 4:13

11 A Child's Claim To Fame 2:36

12 Nowadays Clancy Can't Even Sing 4:50

13 Uno Mundo 2:32

14 For What It's Worth 3:30

15 Bluebird 12:13

16 Epilogue: On the Way Home 2:14

Tracks 1, 8, 9: Long Beach Arena, Long Beach, Calif. 5/5/68

Tracks 2 - 7: Teen and Twenty Club, Huntingdon Beach, Calif. 8/11,12/67

Tracks 10 - 15: Market Hall, Dallas 4/20/68

Track 16: Fillmore Auditorium, San Francisco 12/67

Buffalo Springfield - The Missing Herd: Do Not Approach Buffalo [1CD]. Vol 6 collects mostly demos, alternate takes and outtakes. Five songs are from the Monterey Pop Festival performance. Unreleased songs include Sellout, Raga 1, Road Of Plenty and Stills Boogie. There are two different nine-minute versions of Bluebird, featuring long jams.

01 Nowadays Clancy Can't Even Sing (demo) 3:00

02 Do I Have to Come Right Out and Say It (alt) 3:08

03 "Raga 1" (unreleased) 1:29

04 Mr. Soul (alternate take) 2:40

05 My Kind of Love (alt) 2:33

06 For What It's Worth (Smothers Brothers) 2:58

07 Down to the Wire (alt) 2:31

08 Bluebird (extended mix) 9:11

09 Sell Out (demo) 2:36

10 For What It's worth (Monterey Pop 1967) 2:57

11 Nowadays Clancy Can't Even Sing (Monterey Pop 1967) 3:33

12 Rock 'n' Roll Woman (Monterey Pop 1967) 4:06

13 Bluebird (Monterey Pop 1967) 4:24

14 A Child's Claim to Fame (Monterey Pop 1967) 2:00

15 Merry Go Round (alt mix) 2:07

16 Uno Mundo (alt mix) 2:06

17 49 Reasons (demo) 2:32

18 Roads of Plenty (barn rehearsals 1988) 4:22

19 Stills Boogie (barn rehearsals 1988) 3:29

20 Bluebird (extended mix, alt) 9:30

Speaking of The Buffalo Springfield, I got my hands on this the other day:

i was never interested in the box set. seemed like a lot of repeat stuff at first glance. that stuff you just got, looks fun. as i remember, lots of stuff was left off the box that this set makes up for?

Whoa, where does one find something like that?

If you do a search, it is out there. The place begins with the word Quality, and then a B. . . .

I don't want to post a link, as the dude whose blog I got the tracks from has asked people not to share his links. The tracks I got are in FLAC. So it will take a while to download.

I am sure it can be found on some BT site, or Mp3 blog also.

It's mainly the fourth cd of the boxset that people complained about. But, you know Neil - he does things his way.

I guess to the person who put the tracks together, they are suppose to go along with the boxset. I am guessing some Neil fanatic must have put it together at some point.

I actually don't own the silver cds, but rather cdr copies that someone gave me years ago.

• 4 weeks later...

Got tickets in the front row of the balcony for the Neil solo show in RVA at the Landmark through an American Express presale. I'm not sure I've paid this much for a show before through "traditional outlets", but I just couldn't resist the chance to see him 10 minutes from my house AND solo. Haven't seen him since the Greendale tour.

Got tickets in the front row of the balcony for the Neil solo show in RVA at the Landmark through an American Express presale. I'm not sure I've paid this much for a show before through "traditional outlets", but I just couldn't resist the chance to see him 10 minutes from my house AND solo. Haven't seen him since the Greendale tour.

I want to buy my ticket at the box office tomorrow and save some money on service charges, but it might not be open when tickets go on sale at 10. You think the Landmark show will be a quick sellout?

I want to buy my ticket at the box office tomorrow and save some money on service charges, but it might not be open when tickets go on sale at 10. You think the Landmark show will be a quick sellout?

Hard to say, but I think it's safe to say that the tickets will sell out in order from cheapest to most expensive.

The "cheapest" tickets are in the upper balcony and that was the only thing in the presale that sold out. The next price level is twice that and the only good seats available in the presale in that area IMO were in the lower balcony. I got a bit :monkey and bought those because I didn't want to get in a situation where I had to pay over $200 per ticket to get into the show, even if that meant being very close.

I doubt it will sell out right away, but I'd be surprised if anything priced under $150 lasts for very long.

He's playin a great venue here in Cincinnati but I'm sure tickets are going to be around $200 and I just don't know if I'll pull the trigger. Shouldn't 200 get you like backstage and a poster and a couple picks or something...or just a seat half way up the balcony.