• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gene Clark music bio just finished on BBC4. Very informative. Reminded me I once had that McGuinn Clark and Hillman LP back in the day, but apart from that and the Byrds I don't know any of his (solo) work - alot of which sounded great from the film snippets. Dillard and Clark for example. Any recommendations or an introductory compilation to go for?

Edit : it was this film. http://www.rollingstone.com/music/blogs/alternate-take/new-film-reveals-the-sad-flight-of-the-byrds-gene-clark-20140219

Halfway thru Jackie Brown. I saw it when it came out and hate hate hated it, every single second. Now that I read the book and know the story, I'm liking it more. Pam Grier does nothing for me though.

My friend and I got lit and watched Cosmos - had to shut it off after ten minutes because our minds were fucking blown. Seriously, even sober as a judge, that shit will fuck you up.

I had the same emotional response - hard to describe - as I had when I was a kid watching the original Sagan-Cosmos, when he was describing and showing how large the universe is (when they keep moving back the magnification 10x). It was like a mixture of depression and awe. 

Yeah a few years ago on YouTube I watched the same segment from Sagan's original series and had a similar experience. I think the advances in computer graphic animation put this new version over the top for me.

"In Search Of" inspired nightmares.

You mean that show hosted by Leonard Nimoy? Loved that show......got me all hot n bothered about Bigfoot and Atlantis and all those other freaky things on our Earth.

Neil deGrasse Tyson is such a perfect host for Cosmos.  "There are parts of the universe that are too far away to see because there hasn’t been time for the light from those regions to reach us."  so many mind blowing things.  Really digging the animation too, like the style of it.

Bigfoot, Atlantis, Abominable Snowman - woke up screaming about that one - still something I get teased about - but I'm not sure whether the Abominable Snowman nightmares were the result of In Search Of, or Rudolph's Christmas Special.

You may not want to know this - but you can find all of the In Search of. . . episodes on Youtube. Although - the versions on there are from the days when it was on the History Channel. The beginning sequence is different. One of the scariest things I can recall seeing as a kid is that film of Bigfoot running around in the woods.

I have that same feeling about Bigfoot/In Search Of... I was too young too actually decide "This is what I want to watch" but thanks to older siblings, that image haunted me. Not to mention the presence of Leonard Nimoy, who to me was the creepy guy from Invasion of the Body Snatchers then more than he was Spock.

You may not want to know this - but you can find all of the In Search of. . . episodes on Youtube. Although - the versions on there are from the days when it was on the History Channel. The beginning sequence is different. One of the scariest things I can recall seeing as a kid is that film of Bigfoot running around in the woods.

*shudder*

I used to waste a lot of time reading the first-hand encounter stories on bfro.net. 

This talk makes me think of the film Chariots of the Gods (which I saw in grade school, believe it or not).

I would not watch In Search of. . . at night. It is still spooky.

Neil deGrasse Tyson is such a perfect host for Cosmos.  "There are parts of the universe that are too far away to see because there hasn’t been time for the light from those regions to reach us."  so many mind blowing things.  Really digging the animation too, like the style of it.

The whole thing has given me a new-found respect for Seth MacFarlane.

My friend and I got lit and watched Cosmos -

I'm surprised Fox didnt present a rebuttal after the show ended, refuting evolution and how the universe was created.

This talk makes me think of the film Chariots of the Gods (which I saw in grade school, believe it or not).

I would not watch In Search of. . . at night. It is still spooky.

Dude!  No Shit.  I was absolutely convinced I was going to be torn to pieces by Bigfoot or drown in a tidal wave as a result of watching In Search Of.  Can't believe my parents let me watch that.  Not to mention That's Incredible with all its ghost stuff.

Dude!  No Shit.  I was absolutely convinced I was going to be torn to pieces by Bigfoot or drown in a tidal wave as a result of watching In Search Of.  Can't believe my parents let me watch that.  Not to mention That's Incredible with all its ghost stuff.

I remember that show. It was on during the time I was in high school.