The show "Dark Minds" is a decent premise, but the reporter dude annoyingly has shifty eyes when the camera is on him and also never solves the crimes. I think he's behind some of these murders.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last weekend I happened to notice Purple Rain was on TV. Do you realize it has been almost 30 years since that film was originally in theaters? .

With a bit of effort, I've successfully avoided seeing that film.

Ditto. Yet, no effort at all was put into it. I've never seen The Wall, either, and have no desire to. 

It was a big thing in highschool for those who also enjoyed Phil Collins and Asia and The Human League and other such dreck.

Now The Wall is worth seeing. Whats your problem?

No problem. Just never had the desire to see it. And I'm with A-man, never cared much for Pink Floyd. Had Atom Heart Mother Lp and Wish You Were Here on 8-track, though....

Hhhmmmmm.....I've a good mind to report you.

Watching this on Netflix with the family right now. Really digging it, too.

MV5BMTUzNTU1NzQ2Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDUz

• 2 weeks later...

It's a few years old (2007), but I just came across the Stax documentary at the library.  (Respect Yourself: The Stax Records Story).  It was absolutely great, especially all the footage of the early years of the studio.  Gotta love Otis! 

There were 3-4 segments of Mavis Staples and the Staples singers, and I kept being struck by how strange it seems that she and Jeff Tweedy connected and found in each other such kindred spirits.  I mean, what are the chances of this powerhouse black female vocalist, at the height of fame during the Black Power movement, later working with a mid-western white guy who worked in a record store and later fronted a rock band?  :blink

Chicago Blackhawks' playoffs run.

They're starting to pull it together, I think.

6 playoffs wins in a row is "starting to pull it together" ???

Toews and Keith talk like they lost 6 in a row ---- gotta love hockey players. Go Hawks!

"You've seen in some other series, whether you're up 2-0 or 3-0, there's no time to get comfortable at all," Toews said. "You have to keep playing and keep improving every single game as you go through a series because it's only going to get tougher."

"No disrespect at all (to the Wild), but we know we have to play better," Toews said. "There were a lot of things that we improved upon (Sunday) as opposed to Game 1, (and) we can continue that in the next game."

"I don't know if we feel like we've arrived anywhere," defenseman Duncan Keith said. "We talk about getting better and we know we play our best when we have that urgency in our game and that desperation level. We don't want to take anything for granted. Minnesota has a great team. We know we're going to need to be better … going to Minnesota."

6 playoffs wins in a row is "starting to pull it together" ???

Yup.

And, for all the talk of Kane's amazing goal the other day, I think that Crawford's save, yesterday, where he batted the puck out of the air with his stick and tipped it onto the top of the net… THAT was the best play that I've seen all playoffs. Just awesome concentration.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/video/crawford-bats-puck-onto-top-224037631.html

Never watched it.

Until now.

BreakingBadS1DVD.jpg

I was late to this too, and only finished watching it a couple of weeks ago. This show kept my daughter and I up late so many nights, either because we had to see how an episode finished, even if it was 3 am, or because we couldn't stand not to know what came next & had to dip into the next episode! It's a wild ride. I had a hard time watching the final episode, knowing there wouldn't be any more. 

My husband had never watched it, so lately we've been watching again with him. That's been more fun than I expected, and I've noticed details that add to the story line that I never caught the first time through....like why he called himself Heisenberg that first time he did so....and also story lines the writers chose not to pursue, like one with Marie. Interesting! Have fun, Fritz. :)

Woo hoo! I am very much looking forward to this show. We're onto season two but I'll need to go back and watch the Heisenberg scene a little more closely.

I was late to this too, and only finished watching it a couple of weeks ago. This show kept my daughter and I up late so many nights, either because we had to see how an episode finished, even if it was 3 am, or because we couldn't stand not to know what came next & had to dip into the next episode! It's a wild ride. I had a hard time watching the final episode, knowing there wouldn't be any more. 
My husband had never watched it, so lately we've been watching again with him. That's been more fun than I expected, and I've noticed details that add to the story line that I never caught the first time through....like why he called himself Heisenberg that first time he did so....and also story lines the writers chose not to pursue, like one with Marie. Interesting! Have fun, Fritz. :)