• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ Binge watched that one about a month back, loved it.

Watched "Cold Mountain" over the weekend. I still think that Renee Z was the wrong choice to play Ruby.

Oh yeah, my kids got me a box set of 100 B movies for my bday. That's 148 hrs of bad flicks. First up, "Curse of Bigfoot".

large_9mc3ylGVYEswBZpQvZLOKTAvTES.jpg

I know I'm in the minority on this but I didn't love this.  I really liked the first two and there was a lot to like about this third one.  I guess one thing that bothered me was that I felt Jesse and Celine were giving speeches rather than having conversations, particularly in the first half.  I also thought that Celine's turn-around at the very end was way too sudden.  But it was also interesting to watch this and think of the relationship between these three movies and Boyhood. 

MV5BMjM0OTczMTcxOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDU1

I enjoyed this one quite a bit. I know this is based on Frank Sidebottom, but there were definitely some Captain Beefheart, Daniel Johnston, and Roky Erickson touches added into the character. The movie gives an interesting look at the often strained and odd band dynamics that occur when you get a disparate group of people together. Anyone that has been in a band will relate to some of this. The movie makes some interesting observations about art and the whole following artistic vs. commercial paths. Fassbender really does a great job in this too, especially considering the fake head he had to wear.

Watched half of "The Killer Inside Me" last nite before turning it off. Too brutal and knowing what he was going to do next didn't help. Jessica Alba never looked worse!

• 2 weeks later...

Me and the family just finished the first season of "Under the Dome". I think the tv show should've prefaced the entire thing by saying that outside of a town being trapped in a dome, the show has nothing to do with the book. That and lots of laughable acting aside, we enjoyed the show.

Me and the family just finished the first season of "Under the Dome". I think the tv show should've prefaced the entire thing by saying that outside of a town being trapped in a dome, the show has nothing to do with the book. That and lots of laughable acting aside, we enjoyed the show.

Oh man, you are in for a treat if you watch season 2.  Just laughably bad.  Like an old Sid and Marty Krofft TV show.  Just awful but I kept watching anyways.