• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I purchased the "deluxe Edition" of Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid over the summer and convinced my gf to finally watch it with me on Sat. night. I'm not sure what the hell is going on but it seemed more confusing to me (I've seen it 4-5 times) and it was missing some scenes. It was not as enjoyable as I recall, either. It seemed all jumbled up, like the Deluxe Edition actually means the unedited and fucked up order edition.

Wrapped up House of Cards S2 this morning.  Probably better overall (at least more consistent) than season 1, though it's a little predictable when you become conditioned to assume the worst out of Frank Underwood.  That said, he is someone I would definitely not want to meet in real life!   :lol

(Don't click if you haven't finished the season)

The one thing I completely didn't see coming was Stamper's death.  I always wondered why he didn't just kill Rachel (or, more accurately, why Frank didn't insist that he do it).  Or was he planning to finally kill her and she just beat him to the punch?

Season 3 is going to be an interesting test for the writers.  They need to come up with a better adversary for Frank.  Sure, the way he masterfully manipulates everyone is fun to watch, but he seems invincible at this point.

However, I will say this about "binge watching" a series... I do miss the ebb and flow in between each episode/season.  With everyone churning (racing!) through the episodes at their own pace, there's very little room for discussion.  At times during my Breaking Bad obsession, I'd watch each episode at least 3-4 times to seek out every nuanced detail and catch whatever plot clues were being left.  I'd participate in online discussions and speculate on what would happen next, collectively mourning or cheering the latest twist.  You don't really get that the way House Of Cards and similar shows are released now, and there's no real reason why they have to do it this way.  It's a shame.

I purchased the "deluxe Edition" of Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid over the summer and convinced my gf to finally watch it with me on Sat. night. I'm not sure what the hell is going on but it seemed more confusing to me (I've seen it 4-5 times) and it was missing some scenes. It was not as enjoyable as I recall, either. It seemed all jumbled up, like the Deluxe Edition actually means the unedited and fucked up order edition.

I think it is just a version the dvd producers put together. Outside of the novelty of Dylan being in the film, I never cared all that much for it. It's just another telling of the Billy The Kid story. I much prefer The Wild Bunch.

I'm pretty sure Pat Garrett is the only Peckinpah film I've seen in full. I loved it. Hmm.

EDIT: I see from his IMDB page he directed the video for Julian Lennon's Too Late For Goodbyes. WTF

I loved it, too, hence buying the discs. I just thought the Deluxe edition or whatever I got spliced it up and left too many parts out. The scene when Billy busts out of the jail after finding the stashed gun in the outhouse was cut!!

The scene when Billy busts out of the jail after finding the stashed gun in the outhouse was cut!!

What the hell?!

Wrapped up House of Cards S2 this morning.  Probably better overall (at least more consistent) than season 1, though it's a little predictable when you become conditioned to assume the worst out of Frank Underwood.  That said, he is someone I would definitely not want to meet in real life!   :lol

Just finished Season 2 and ... wow... very good show. The first episode was shocking, but the rest was very enjoyable. Recommended.

I actually joined Netflix the other day. But - they don't have Taken (2002). I found it on YT.

"Beyond the Sky"       August 1, 1944 to September 13, 1947     

"Jacob and Jesse"   November 1, 1953 to January 12, 1959    

"High Hopes"            October 8 to November 1, 1962                

"Acid Tests"               April 4 to May 28, 1970  

"Maintenance"          June 5, 1970 to November 8, 1980             

"Charlie and Lisa"   November 8, 1980 to November 2, 1996                

"God's Equation"     2002                      

"Dropping the Dishes"   2002

"John"  2002     

I know I'm a bit behind but I just busted through season 3 of Walking Dead.  I just love that we live in an age where we can marathon watch these shows non stop.  Can't wait until season 4 is on Netflix.

I know I'm a bit behind but I just busted through season 3 of Walking Dead.  I just love that we live in an age where we can marathon watch these shows non stop.  Can't wait until season 4 is on Netflix.

I have been liking Season 4 better than Season 3, so far.