• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MV5BNDY1ODU5MDQ0M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTM2

A futuristic laboratory assigns different tasks to its various residents, who then have their memories erased upon the completion of their assignments.

Walked thru the living room last night, The Simpsons were on the boob tube.....Homer goes "mmmmm.....melon collies" and pictures a dog made of melons. I'm still laughing about that today.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Waking The Dead (BBC)

I guess this show was on for several years. I have only seen seasons 4 and 5 so far.

Northern Exposure

I have probably not seen Northern Exposure since it was on back in the day. I have started to buy the dvds a few times - but then I read the original music was replaced with some sort of generic music. When you see the crap that is on now - it is hard to believe there was ever such a great show on TV.

I read that they are putting out Northern Exposure sometime next year on BluRay --- I look forward to watching it again via Netflix, especially since my wife never watched it the first go around.

Not sure if they are going to have the same issue with the original music.

Did a quick search, now I don't find news of this happening - must be confusing it with something else - but I swear I just talked about this with the wife last week - strange.

Edited by calvino

If that is true, whoever owns the show rights must have made a deal with all those who own the music. I found a place to watch it online.

I do own Due South on dvd. Which is another great show from around that time period.

I don't think I have ever watched that since it was on TV. I was talking to someone in their 20s about that show the other day. I recall seeing the movie in a almost empty move theater (1992).

• 2 weeks later...

51H7fPC-Q2L._SX215_.jpg

I suppose I could jump into the musical blasphemy thread as well.  There was a lot to like about this movie but I also felt it was lacking.  I felt like it got behind the scenes of Chris Bell but didn't really dig into Alex Chilton.  Definitely worth seeing if you are a fan though ...