Binge watched that the last 2 days. Mind blowing. I was riveted.

There has been a bunch of backlash the last couple of weeks about evidence that was omitted from the documentary. Regardless, if that is true or not, the trials/investigations were an abomination. The dude(s) may very well have committed the crime, but he (they) certainly did not receive due process....

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There has been a bunch of backlash the last couple of weeks about evidence that was omitted from the documentary. Regardless, if that is true or not, the trials/investigations were an abomination. The dude(s) may very well have committed the crime, but he (they) certainly did not receive due process....

I've been paying attention to those articles. I don't think they have much merit. Some of the "evidence" that was omitted was not allowed to be entered into trial. Some of it had to do with the cruel details with that damn cat. (My personal theory on Steven Avery is that the fucking cat cursed him for dousing it in gasoline and throwing it in a fire - that's why his life was fucked). 

Anyways, none of the stuff left out is damning on its own. It's not like "and oh yeah, they left out the video of him killing Theresa, and here's the voicemail he left saying that he was going to kill her."

For example, one of the things is "oh, well he called her several times the day of the appointment." with a rebuttal of "yeah, because she was late."

So, take it for what you will.

There's the *67 calls, the call he supposedly placed to her phone hours after she was at his property with him leaving a voicemail saying, essentially, (sic) "how come you never showed up today?," that he supposedly had recently purchased leg/wrist irons and chains from a local store, that Brandon Dally had told his mom that Steven touched him and had other specific stuff to say about the alleged crimes that were not in the doc, etc. Just saying, not only was there information suppressed from the court, but that was omitted from the documentary, as well (supposedly)....

There's the *67 calls, the call he supposedly placed to her phone hours after she was at his property with him leaving a voicemail saying, essentially, (sic) "how come you never showed up today?," that he supposedly had recently purchased leg/wrist irons and chains from a local store, that Brandon Dally had told his mom that Steven touched him and had other specific stuff to say about the alleged crimes that were not in the doc, etc. Just saying, not only was there information suppressed from the court, but that was omitted from the documentary, as well (supposedly)....

Right right.

The supposed "leg irons" weren't chains like you'd see in Roots, but were the kind you'd find in an adult store. Regardless, no Theresa DNA was found on them, so they're probably irrelevant - but they didn't recover any blood or other kind of her DNA from anywhere were she supposedly had her throat cut, but that didn't stop them from convicting both guys, so there you go...

The best part of the whole thing is the prosecuting attorney saying "It doesn't matter if police planted evidence" in his closing arguments. Apparently not.

The best part of the whole thing is the prosecuting attorney saying "It doesn't matter if police planted evidence" in his closing arguments. Apparently not.

Yeah, no doubt. The whole thing is crooked as hell, all the way up to the WI Supreme Court.

and now his former girlfiend Jodi, via Nancy Grace, is saying that Avery is "not innocent" and that he's a monster.

I enjoyed this feedback on Reddit regarding Nancy Grace:

It's Nancy fucking Grace. There have only been two people in the history of the world who are worse than Nancy fucking Grace and they're both Hitler.

I really don't know that anyone can put a lot of credibility on Jodi at this point.  Her abuse allegations are irrelevant to the Halbach trial and if she had inculpatory evidence or information about Avery relating to Halbach, you can damn sure bet that the prosecution would have used it and called her as a witness.

Interesting how the settlement of Avery's $36M lawsuit seems to have had a chilling affect on their romantic relationship.

If Steven Avery is guilty, he has to be one of the stupidest super-villains ever.

He is days away from getting $450K from the state of Wisconsin that would allow him to finance his suit against the county and he murders someone that will be easily traceable to his home.  Commits a gruesome murder in his home/trailer and is able to clean up any trace evidence all the while leaving his home/garage looking like an episode of hoarders, hides her vehicle at the front of the salvage yard with the skill of a 4 year old instead of crushing/dismantling the vehicle and burns the body in his own backyard.

I know he's not the brightest but what motive short of being an uncontrollable sociopath would their be?

I won't even get started on the treatment of his nephew by the Sheriffs' investigators or his court appointed legal representatives.

He is days away from getting $450K from the state of Wisconsin that would allow him to finance his suit against the county and he murders someone that will be easily traceable to his home.  

He wasn't days away from getting $450k, I think he was days away from the $36m lawsuit with WI beginning. The $450 settlement came later, something he was kind of "forced" into, because he needed those funds to hire counsel for the murder charges. 

Regardless, a moot point - I agree with everything else you wrote.

I'm pretty sure that the Wisconsin Legislature increased the limit for restitution up from the $25k he got for the first 18 years and he was gong to get more money ($450K) from the state under the new "Avery Bill".

This was completely separate from the settlement he took after the charges were filed so he could hire is defense team, RE: the $36M suit against the county.

I'm pretty sure that the Wisconsin Legislature increased the limit for restitution up from the $25k he got for the first 18 years and he was gong to get more money ($450K) from the state under the new "Avery Bill".

This was completely separate from the settlement he took after the charges were filed so he could hire is defense team, RE: the $36M suit against the county.

Ah. my bad. You're right. I remember now. 

I was confused by it being the same number. 

I guess the motive went like this:

Steve: I'm getting $450,000 next month!

Brandon: Sweet! Should we celebrate?

Steve: Duh! You know how I do!

Brandon: By murdering some bitch!

Steve: You know it!

Brandon: Messy then Clean then Messy style?

Steve: Damn you know me well. Let's cut her throat, getting blood everywhere, then let's clean it spotless, then make our place look like a pigsty again.

Brandon: Done and done.

Ah. my bad. You're right. I remember now. 

I was confused by it being the same number. 

I guess the motive went like this:

Steve: I'm getting $450,000 next month!

Brandon: Sweet! Should we celebrate?

Steve: Duh! You know how I do!

Brandon: By murdering some bitch!

Steve: You know it!

Brandon: Messy then Clean then Messy style?

Steve: Damn you know me well. Let's cut her throat, getting blood everywhere, then let's clean it spotless, then make our place look like a pigsty again.

Brandon: Done and done.

:lol  :lol

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone been watching the new X-files mini-series? I caught parts of Sunday night's opener and, besides Scully aging very well, wasn't too impressed. Seemed like a lot of cliches and pretty weak dialogue. Just curious if anyone put more effort into it and if it's worth catching up on....

Yeah I caught about half of each episode -- fell asleep during the 1st one and didn't realize the next one was airing on Monday and caught the last 20 minutes or so -- I figured all would be on Sunday. Anyway pretty much a retread of the show -- nothing evolved too much.

Guess Mulder has or had a kid -- still not sure if Scully is the mother, though. (might have missed it, though). Probably will give it another shot, if I remember that it is on.

I noticed that on my TV guide on my TV labeled Monday's episode as Season 10 - Episode 2. I like that it has the same theme music, too.

Anyone been watching the new X-files mini-series? I caught parts of Sunday night's opener and, besides Scully aging very well, wasn't too impressed. Seemed like a lot of cliches and pretty weak dialogue. Just curious if anyone put more effort into it and if it's worth catching up on....

I watched the first episode last night and was surprised how much I enjoyed it. Thought it had all the elements of the old show, right down to the low-rent special effects and the fun, awkward melodrama that was always part of the show's DNA. Much better than that POS movie from 2008.

I was never saw very many episodes of the X-Files back in the day. When I got Netflix a while back I ended up watching all of the episodes. I thought that episode last night was hilarious.