Anyone watching the new season of Fargo? It's off to a great start.

I have all but the final 2 episodes of Season 1 thanks to my DVR pulling some shit. I'll have to get the disc on NetFlix. I had to go through the whole schedule to find them early in the morning this past month. For some reason, the reruns on FX wouldn't show up using the search function on the new X1 platform. It showed them to rent/buy for $2.99.

I'm loving this new season of The Leftovers. Each episode has shown a different perspective: 1) the Murphys, 2) the Garveys and 3) Laurie Garvey & the Guilty Remnants.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have all but the final 2 episodes of Season 1 thanks to my DVR pulling some shit. I'll have to get the disc on NetFlix. I had to go through the whole schedule to find them early in the morning this past month. For some reason, the reruns on FX wouldn't show up using the search function on the new X1 platform. It showed them to rent/buy for $2.99.

I'm loving this new season of The Leftovers. Each episode has shown a different perspective: 1) the Murphys, 2) the Garveys and 3) Laurie Garvey & the Guilty Remnants.

I left the Leftovers behind after about 4-5 episodes last year. I lost interest. I heard the new season isn't as much of a continuation, as it is a re-boot?

I left the Leftovers behind after about 4-5 episodes last year. I lost interest. I heard the new season isn't as much of a continuation, as it is a re-boot?

I can't agree with that assessment, since a good bulk of the characters have returned, but are in a different location. The tone is a bit lighter too, until the third episode where certain people are being run over. The Garvey family decide to pack it up and move to a small Texas town where no one departed. The problem is that this town has some very unique things about it. 

And I think you checked out before some of the best episodes last season. I was almost out during the slow second & third episode, but decided to see where the story wound up.

I think the last one we watched was the one where one of the female characters went to some conference in a big city, and got high and kinky with fellow conference attendees. Then I think the preview of the next episode showed that crazy dad was going to show up. 

My wife and I were like "meh..."

I think the last one we watched was the one where one of the female characters went to some conference in a big city, and got high and kinky with fellow conference attendees. Then I think the preview of the next episode showed that crazy dad was going to show up.

My wife and I were like "meh..."

That was one of my favorite episodes. Carrie Coon (Nora) is amazing! She exchanged the frowny face for some smiles at the end of last season and voila she's gorgeous! It's like two different characters. The character centric episodes were the best last season.

That was one of my favorite episodes. Carrie Coon (Nora) is amazing! She exchanged the frowny face for some smiles at the end of last season and voila she's gorgeous! It's like two different characters. The character centric episodes were the best last season.

I did enjoy the episode that centered on the priest. That was great. 

Anyone else watching The Grinder?  I know it's a network comedy (Fox, no less), but I'm really enjoying it.  Rob Lowe and Fred Savage are pitch perfect and the rest of the cast is really good.

Anyone else watching The Grinder?  I know it's a network comedy (Fox, no less), but I'm really enjoying it.  Rob Lowe and Fred Savage are pitch perfect and the rest of the cast is really good.

I have and I've enjoyed it for the most part. The pilot and last week's episodes were really strong, I thought. But I worry about its sustainability, concept-wise. It feels very in danger of becoming a victim of its own gimmick. It'll be interesting to see if they are able to evolve it through the season.

Re Fargo:

So far, three episodes in, I'm enjoying season 2 a lot more than season 1. But, there's one stick in my craw, and I had the same complaint about season 1. (And from conversations I've had, I'm in the minority). The writers absolutely don't give a shit about geography. In season 1, the story centered on Bemidji and Duluth, and making it seem those two cities were in close proximity to each other.  They're not - they're 150 miles away, a good 3 hour drive. 

Now, in season 2, the two cities that the story centers on are Fargo and Luverne, which are 250 miles apart. Why would a judge from Fargo travel 250 miles to Luverne to hit a diner? The writers could have easily just have made the two cities Sioux Falls SD, and Luverne MN, or Fargo ND and Moorhead MN. 

I was about to get rid of Netflix. And then I remembered the new episodes of Longmire started yesterday.

We started watching this a bit ago - up to episode 7 or so (1st season) --- pretty good, do like the setting and the story lines are entertaining. The female officer kinda of bugs me, though.

We started watching this a bit ago - up to episode 7 or so (1st season) --- pretty good, do like the setting and the story lines are entertaining. The female officer kinda of bugs me, though.

I am now reading all the books. Or at least the ones I can get on my Nook from the local digital library. She's like that in the books also.

That's what I figured --- while watching the 5th episode or so, the wife and I were saying 'man there is a lot of murder in this county in Wyoming' (I realize it's fiction) and about few minutes later the sheriff said aloud to himself, "what the hell is happening to my county" - which made us both laugh.

I read some review a while back where the reviewer said something along the lines of "I hope they don't end up together" or something like that. I figured right away they had not read the books.

• 3 weeks later...

Both have their merits. I like Joel more but Mike is pretty funny too. Mike morphed into his brother Eddie for a segment during "Monster a go go!" that amused me greatly. Eddie was pounding beers and abusing the bots. I found myself watching the bottom of the screen rather than the flick itself.

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished watching Season One of The Man in the High Castle on Amazon - we thought it was really good -- it was interesting watching the series with the whole Trump rhetoric going on. Hopefully there will be a Season Two.

All the actors were pretty good. Shot nicely, too.

Never read the book, so can't compare it.