I was never saw very many episodes of the X-Files back in the day. When I got Netflix a while back I ended up watching all of the episodes. I thought that episode last night was hilarious.

I thought it was funny as hell, too -- tuned in late - right when the two were in the cemetery and the English fellow started to tell his story -- that was a nice piece of writing.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gathered the family together last Friday night to hate watch "The Happening" and we had a blast.

Now hate watching the final season of "Under the Dome".

Z Nation.  Absolutely horrible on every possible level, but still kind of fun to watch.

Mad Dogs.  Amazon did a terrible job promoting and describing this series for a full year.  The way they described it sounded like a pack a dude-bros on vacation getting in fistfights, but it's actually a pretty compelling show.  Also, why would you hide the fact that Steve Zahn is on your show?

^^^ Agree on "You, Me & The Apocalypse."  I used to kind of hate Rob Lowe.  But his role on Parks & Recreation completely changed my opinion of him.  And now with The Grinder and Y,M & the A, he's one of my favorites.  Stick to comedy, Rob.  You're pretty great at it.

Watched "Wyrmwood" and "A Walk in the Woods" recently. Both were reasonable uses of my time however I'm not sure why Redford insisted in bumping the ages of the characters up in order to star in the film. I believe Bryson was in his 40s when he did the hike.

Jaco: The Film - Interesting doc about the life of Jaco Pastorius.

Jaco: The Film - Interesting doc about the life of Jaco Pastorius.

From Musician Magazine (1980)-

Musician: Where's rock and jazz influenced music headed in your view?

Pastorius: “It's going to Ft. Lauderdale. That's where I'm going on Monday. What can I tell you? I can play rock-and-roll and I can play jazz. I don't know too many people who can do both. And that's the future.” 

I've never seen "The Last Picture Show" so when it popped up on the boob tube last night, I settled in to watch it.

A few things:

wow, what a great soundtrack of good old country tunes!

Sam Bottoms played the mute kid who went on to play the kid from Outlaw Josie Wales and then Lance in Apocalypse Now! Too cool, I had no idea.

Clu Gallagher! I loved this guy from Return of the Living Dead and then the Feast series.

Cybil Sheppard's first role. Yum.

Randy Quaid, pre-crazy.

Jeff Bridges, pre-The Dude.

Cloris Leachman!

Ellen Burstyn!

I gotta watch this again due to lots of distractions but I was pleasantly surprised. Not sure why I've never seen this one before.

I've never seen "The Last Picture Show" so when it popped up on the boob tube last night, I settled in to watch it.

A few things:

wow, what a great soundtrack of good old country tunes!

Sam Bottoms played the mute kid who went on to play the kid from Outlaw Josie Wales and then Lance in Apocalypse Now! Too cool, I had no idea.

Clu Gallagher! I loved this guy from Return of the Living Dead and then the Feast series.

Cybil Sheppard's first role. Yum.

Randy Quaid, pre-crazy.

Jeff Bridges, pre-The Dude.

Cloris Leachman!

Ellen Burstyn!

I gotta watch this again due to lots of distractions but I was pleasantly surprised. Not sure why I've never seen this one before.

If you want to watch it - there is a sequel - Texasville (1990).

Didn't realize that McMurtry wrote so many  books based on the Duane character  -- I think I read Duane's Depressed, too, but I am not sure.

Duane Moore series

Follows story of character Duane Moore

• 1966: The Last Picture Show - adapted for film as The Last Picture Show
  • 1987: Texasville - adapted for film as Texasville
  • 1999: Duane's Depressed
  • 2007: When The Light Goes
  • 2009: Rhino Ranch: A Novel

•  
  • 3 weeks later...

"I Married A Witch" and "Sullivan's Travels" both starring Veronica Lake, who is quite the little dish. Btw, the witch flick was good n funny if you can handle a whimsical approach.

"I Married A Witch" and "Sullivan's Travels" both starring Veronica Lake, who is quite the little dish. Btw, the witch flick was good n funny if you can handle a whimsical approach.

I do love Sullivan's Travels, probably a top 20 all-time fave. Thanks for the reminder, have I Married a Witch, totally forgot about that one.