• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the one National Parks was a bit boring (and I love National Parks).

The Jazz one was a bit lacking, from what I remember, too.

But yeah - typically they are always interesting, well done and mostly entertaining.

No, no it wasn't.

The Parks one came out at the time my first born was born -- so I was beat tired every time it aired  - perhaps I need to revisit it.

Just checked, my son was 3 weeks old when it aired originally.

We are finally taking him and my youngest out to CO in June to camp at Rocky National Park .

No, no it wasn't.

The Parks one came out at the time my first born was born -- so I was beat tired every time it aired and we watched it - perhaps I need to revisit it.

Just checked my son was 3 weeks old when it aired originally.

We are finally taking him and my youngest out to CO in June to camp at Rocky National Park .

Nice, man, that's a cool place to camp. 

The book was fine; my wife didn't care for the ending. I've not seen the show so I cant comment on it.

Watched the Janis Joplin documentary on PBS-American Masters last night. Sad story, amazing footage. Definitely worth 2 hours.

We've been watching Hinterland, which has a similar feel to Wallander (but set in Wales).

Heh - I am Welsh. It's funny that I like all the Scandi-noir but have never got into Hinterland, though to be fair I have only seen a couple and it's one of those shows that that always seems to be on an an inconvenient time and is low down in the list for iPlayer reruns.

Now watching: Mary Beard's Ultimate Rome - Empire Without Limit. The wonderful Mary does more of a social history rather than the usual emperors and dates.

Watched the Janis Joplin documentary on PBS-American Masters last night. Sad story, amazing footage. Definitely worth 2 hours.

Agreed. That sly dog Dick Cavett eh?