Watched second season of Broadchurch Sunday and Monday nights. Pretty excellent but it's still hard for me to understand some of the dialogue at times. 

Watched A Very Murray Christmas last night and, while funny at points, it was pretty confusing.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was underwhelmed by a Very Murray Christmas.

No doubt. In fact, I asked my wife if the chick on the piano was Gwen Stefani (from No Doubt) but I guess it was Miley Cyrus. The Chris Rock scenes were funny, but beyond that it was a clusterfuck  of inanity.

No doubt. In fact, I asked my wife if the chick on the piano was Gwen Stefani (from No Doubt) but I guess it was Miley Cyrus. The Chris Rock scenes were funny, but beyond that it was a clusterfuck  of inanity.

Miley actually did a very nice job with Silent Night. Sometimes I have a Pavlovian reaction to hearing that song - except with tears welling up instead of a wagging tail and drool. And she hit my sweet spot, so to speak. 

Watched second season of Broadchurch Sunday and Monday nights. Pretty excellent but it's still hard for me to understand some of the dialogue at times.

A while back we turned on closed captioning for everything we watch, and it's been particularly helpful for shows like that. Also allows us to play shows at non-deafening levels.

A while back we turned on closed captioning for everything we watch, and it's been particularly helpful for shows like that. Also allows us to play shows at non-deafening levels.

Yeah, good idea even though I dislike having to read while I'm watching t.v., unless I'm trying to read if my wife wants me to, y'know....

Watched The Graduate (wife had never seen it) and Grease on Saturday night. They both seemed the same as last time I'd watched them (though I watched them disjointedly as I was excusing myself from the room for a lot for breaks).

How was the last season of Doc Martin, old sport?

I know it's one you follow but I don't watch it I'm afraid. It's a bit too soapy for me and on ITV where the advert breaks are always a real drawback. Same reason I've never watched an episode of Downton Abbey. Don't get time to watch too much TV so prefer something gripping/intense when I do, or good comedy. Maybe DM seems more quirky/interesting to a foreigner. I think I read that someone here watched the UK version of Broadchurch with subtitles on. That's funny.

I think you'd like The Detectorists. Look out for it.

Ta ra.

I'll check it. I don't watch Downton Abbey either. I think Doc Martin is great though. Some rather black humor at times. I'll probably buy the dvd again - which is what I did last time.

Me and my kids watched "Them" and "The Beast from 20000 Fathoms". Fun stuff, lots of laughs. Make me a sergeant in charge of the booze!

Me and my wife saw "The Big Short" last night. I'm being generous by saying there were 30 people in attendance. I recently read the book so I know what was happening but experiencing the situation again in a 2 hour time frame left me full of anger and resentment and sadness. All the facts are public knowledge and yet nothing changed. WTF. This film should be required viewing for every American citizen.

Me and my wife saw "The Big Short" last night. I'm being generous by saying there were 30 people in attendance. I recently read the book so I know what was happening but experiencing the situation again in a 2 hour time frame left me full of anger and resentment and sadness. All the facts are public knowledge and yet nothing changed. WTF. This film should be required viewing for every American citizen.

The director is currently on Fresh Air.

I know it's one you follow but I don't watch it I'm afraid. It's a bit too soapy for me and on ITV where the advert breaks are always a real drawback. Same reason I've never watched an episode of Downton Abbey. Don't get time to watch too much TV so prefer something gripping/intense when I do, or good comedy. Maybe DM seems more quirky/interesting to a foreigner. I think I read that someone here watched the UK version of Broadchurch with subtitles on. That's funny.

I think you'd like The Detectorists. Look out for it.

Ta ra.

It looks like we are getting the Season 7 here starting next weekend. It's a good thing I didn't buy that dvd yet. I figured something was going to happen as there was a making of season 7 on tonight. We get it on PBS here.

• 2 weeks later...