Pee Wee's Big Holiday is wonderful. As a huge fan of his Big Adventure, I was floored that it managed to tap into that singular Pee Wee vein and maintain a fun/weird/jaunty vibe.

Almost convinced my wife to watch this last night but we settled on  season 1 of Better Call Saul.

Also, was going to take the kids to Zootopia this weekend but my ex-wife scooped them early from school and took like 6-7 kids to the theatre Friday afternoon.

a weekend of almosts, but Better Call Saul was pretty good.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In anticipation of seeing "Midnight Special" soon, I watched "Take Shelter" last nite. Crazy good flick.

Headed to see "Shakespeare in Love" at a local theater tonite.

The Night Manager - Le Carre done with a James Bond budget and more time. Excellent so far.

Trapped - murder afoot in Iceland

I just noticed that show Detectorists is on Netflix. 

We watched a documentary on the Netflix the other day called The Barkley Marathons: The Race That Eats Its Young. If you've heard of it or not, it's a very cool documentary on a brutal, unique, quirky, and ridiculously challenging marathon held every year in TN. that you should watch.

But we have no Netflix so I cant see that or "Grand Theft Parsons" which I really want to see.......

I haven't had cable or satellite since 1995 and while I enjoyed Netflix for the time we had it, my wife went and cancelled it one day for reasons unknown. We do have Prime but then that involves the wifes computer so....I'll be watching more reruns of Sanford and Son. That Grady, he so crazy!

I haven't had cable or satellite since 1995 and while I enjoyed Netflix for the time we had it, my wife went and cancelled it one day for reasons unknown. We do have Prime but then that involves the wifes computer so....I'll be watching more reruns of Sanford and Son. That Grady, he so crazy!

Living the dream.

• 2 weeks later...

The new Ken Burns documentary on Jackie Robinson. Part one was great, with part two airing tomorrow night on PBS.

Has he ever put out a bad one? Looking forward to thisw one. recently watched the on on the Roosevelts, which or course was excellent, as well

Well.....the 6 hour doc he did, extolling the virtues of Wendell Willkie was a bit much, don't you think?