• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw My Morning Jacket with Iron and Wine opening tonight. Both sets were great. In Iron and Wine, he basically stood there chatting with the audience and took requests the entire set, save a few newer songs he wanted to play. That is a very talented musician. Great voice.

MMJ was killer. This was my second show. Also saw them last night with Portugal, The Man opening. I wasn't as into Portugal. Their mix was really muddy, which didn't help They did a great version of Helter Skelter though.

I am really impressed with My Morning Jacket as a live outfit. They have a lot of energy and a great sense of spontaneity/unpredictability in their performance, which makes it all very magical. I dig it. One more show tomorrow night with Shabazz Palaces opening.

I was there with my Wilco hat on. Jayhawks were pretty good but I was impressed with Nicole Atkins who went on just before the Jayhawks. Great voice and pretty good songs. I think she might be someone we will be hearing about in the future. I thought the Jayhawks were much better when I saw them at Webster Hall two years ago when they played all of Hollywood Town Hall. Still can't complain about a freebie though.