• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last minute decision to go see Lyle Lovett tonight, right here in town. Silly me--passing on the JTE tkts already bought but I didn't want to drive to Baltimore. So I gave those away AND spent more money on another musical event. But this is an acoustic show with Lyle, which sounded like a good bet.

Lyle's audience banter is some of the best that I've heard. Dryer than Stephen Wright and just as funny.

Ouch! Their fans take Canada pride to the extreme I will give them that! Band been going strong for 30 years and much forgotten about.

Seriously? 30 yrs? I don't think I could pick them out of a song line up.

You'll never go, anyway. Coward.

Who you kidding? Sunday will be like the 10th time I've seen them this year.

Imagine The Band mating with 1970 acoustic Grateful Dead and toss a little bluesgrass and folk in to the sauce......

Or consider those Mumford and Sons guys.......except that Giving Tree is like one hundred thousand times better and deserves all the attention and accolades Mumford is currently somehow receiving....

Oh yeah, I'm going, bucko

Silly me...a few days late but I just saw Tragically Hip at Terminal 5 NYC! These guys put on a great show!!! Anyone else a fan?

Got tickets for the show in Clifton Park tomorrow night. I've seen these guys several times now and they never disappoint. Gordon is whacked

Full report after the show, please!

met up w/old friend at her house- did a little pre-show.

hit up a brick oven pizza place a couple doors down from venue. free parking in front of police station ( my rams head go to)

Ommegang Atlas on tap.

Missed Tift - but that didn't cause a rift (sorry)

upper levels closed- fairly packed yet parse Tues night crowd. No distracting chatter.

JTE- opened acoustic with The Night John Henry Died, brought the band out after another number or two.

A fine 4 piece with a young looking Levon on drums, alternating electric/ stand-up bass, and lead guitar/ slide guitar guy. TIGHT.

Set- up sound reminded me of some early ryan adams shows, and somewhat dylan never ending tour like, even early jackson browne as lead guitar reminded me on Lindley in tone and style. Schweeeet.

Bounced between Harlem and latest record, mostly. Absolutely exquisite in voice, execution, and banter. Clearly a big family man, as mom, dad, and even grandma were movingly (and funnily) name-checked.

Killer picker- i was checking around corner for second guitarist when he was solo (opening and mid-show), my friend even checked rig for looping gear, and there was none present.

Encored w/ full band "Can't Hardly Wait"

thank you thank you thank you, d.

Got tickets for the show in Clifton Park tomorrow night. I've seen these guys several times now and they never disappoint. Gordon is whacked

I hear ya..I think Gord is the most off his rocker lead singer...he must have many voices in his head. He spent most of my show polishing the mic stand and his shoes...he was screaming a MIC STAND...A MICROPHONE! :yeaahh

Absolutely exquisite in voice, execution, and banter.

thank you thank you thank you, d.

You are so very welcome. When I saw him it was solo acoustic but it sounds like you got the best of both worlds. I think he's just excellent and I'm so glad you got a chance to enjoy the show.

Since I'm generally not on the board over the weekend:

Sunday night -- Fun.

Elmhurst College.

Taking my 11 y.o. to his first concert. Glad that I like this band, too.