• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not motivated enough to go drive in to see Acid Mothers Temple tonight.

I saw them in Seattle several years ago, I think my ears are still ringing. They were amazing.

Justin Townes Earle. He's taking over a movie theater tonight! Really looking forward to this.

Lucky! How was it? Was just listening to him on the drive home this evening and thinking of how great his live shows must be.

Lucky! How was it? Was just listening to him on the drive home this evening and thinking of how great his live shows must be.

It was just wonderful. He's a terrific live performer. I posted a few details over in the thread about Justin Townes Earle, so I won't repeat myself (too much), but he has an engaging onstage persona--laconic and confident but still very intimate. I was becoming a fan before seeing him live but that really sealed the deal. His original songs are strong and grow on you with repeated listening, but he did a really awesome cover of "Racing in the Street." It's going to be a Record Store Day exclusive, on 45, I think.

How were they? I saw them last September at TTs and it was fantastic. Just like the old days ...

so f'in good. i love that band, and it was so great to see them on stage again. if you saw the TT's show, the show was shorter (there was some lesbian/gay/tranny cabaret/performance art thing beforehand, which was actually pretty entertaining), and i don't think they played any songs they hadn't before but it was amazing.

Saw the Dex Romweber Duo at Schoolkids here in Raleigh yesterday. I was too honed in on tracking down that DRA 7" so was not really paying attention to them. Checking out some of their stuff online now and am kicking myself...

• 2 weeks later...

The Decemberists with Justin Townes Earle at the Iroquois theater in Louisville. Very excited about the show!

(Less excited about the 80% chance of severe thunderstorms in an outdoor theater at a GA show... )

see ya there!!I'll throw on my Wilco shirt so you know it's me.

Neil Young with Bert Jansch, Fox Theatre, Detroit

I'm one of those people who paid an insane price, but I'm also going to be fourth row, center section.

Let's just say that I have paid more for a concert before, but this is probably #2 in terms of expense.