• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

damn, you got 'blackberry song'!

that one and 'my best friends' are two songs i have yet to hear Kurt play.

Yeah. He got a lot of requests for "Baby's Arms" (including by my wife). He said he would play it before he left for the encore, but never did. Oh well, he still played a lot of other gems.

Josh Groban was in Crazy, Stupid, Love in a minor role, playing a weaselly character. He has such an unfortunate, weak looking face, which made him perfect for the role. I didn't realize who it was for sure until I saw the credits--I just knew he looked familiar and it made me queasy to see him. I hate that shit!

Dear Los Lobos,

Please fire your sound guy. Last night your show sounded like I was listening to you through my apartment wall. It was muffled and quiet. Your opener, Los Lonely Boys, sounded great: crisp and loud, so I know it wasn't the venue.

Too bad, so sad.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw Bright Eyes and Dr. Dog last night at The Chance in Poughkeepsie. Really good show! :dance

I've heard Dr. Dog a little here and there but this was my first prolonged exposure to them. They were pretty good, I was definitely impressed with their musicianship.

Very different Bright Eyes show than last time I saw them (@ Radio City), probably because the audience was practically right on top of them.

They played lots of stuff from Lifted and I'm Wide Awake It's Morning, only 3 songs from the latest I think.