• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

raconteurs

Are you familiar w/ their music How were they....

Seen them 2 x liked them !

They are usually great live. I have seen them 4 times and am very familiar with their music.

i thought they were done so jumped at the chance to see their warm up show before a run of about 10 dates. They were good. Short but sweet:

1. Consoler of the Lonely

2. Hands

3. Level

4. Old Enough

5. Top Yourself

6. You Don't Understand Me

7. Many Shades of Black

8. The Switch and the Spur

9. Intimate Secretary

10. Broken Boy Soldier

11. Blue Veins
  12. Encore:

13. Salute Your Solution

14. Steady, As She Goes

15. Carolina Drama

Tonight going to see the Avett Brothers. Don't know too much about them but rumors are they put on a good live show.

I won the tickets on our cool NPR station's nightly music show "Out of the Box" with Paul Shugrue. Paul is the best possible DJ for new music and he's a big Wilco fan. He's played several songs off The Whole Love already and is very enthusiastic about it.

Tonight going to see the Avett Brothers. Don't know too much about them but rumors are they put on a good live show.

I won the tickets on our cool NPR station's nightly music show "Out of the Box" with Paul Shugrue. Paul is the best possible DJ for new music and he's a big Wilco fan. He's played several songs off The Whole Love already and is very enthusiastic about it.

You are going to have a blast tonight!

You are going to have a blast tonight!

You are so right. It was a great show. Coming in with no expectations probably made it even better. I was vaguely familiar with some of their music but most of it was new for me. Immediately engaging.

You are so right. It was a great show. Coming in with no expectations probably made it even better. I was vaguely familiar with some of their music but most of it was new for me. Immediately engaging.

love hearing that! besides wilco, they are the band who i've seen the most of, and i'd travel hours to see (and have and will again. and again.).

m ward with dawes backing on wednesday. :dancing

saw this combo last night. spectacular! i was going to see dawes, but stuck around for the m. ward set b/c dawes was gonna play back up with him after his acoustic set (i'm sure the same happened at your show)...but dang! speaking of engaging: m. ward! what a virtuoso on the guitar and piano and vocals to boot! now, i want some of his music. i had never heard any of it. he opened with an interesting cover of david bowie's let's dance that took a few secs for it to materialize before my ears and i recognized it, a bit like one of those 3d puzzles except for your ears.

my local record shop had dawes out for a set earlier that afternoon (along with a keg of sweetwater 420 :beer ), and they put on a great little half hour acoustic set. these guys can harmonize.

oh, did you happen to notice the drummer's facial expressions during the show?

^thats too bad, it was a great show.

As you'd figure from the "Dawn of the Dan" title it was early stuff.

Listening back right now I'm up to:

Your Gold Teeth

Black Friday

Rikki Don't Lose that Number

Hey 19

Time Out of Mind

Parker's Band

Any Major Dude

Show Biz Kids

I know they also did Boston Rag, Do it Again, Dirty Work, Peg, Kid Charlemagne, Old School, Reelin in the Years, Pearl of the Quarter, Bodhisattva, and Pretzel Logic, and Godwhacker. I think there were a few others but I can't remember them off the top of my head.

^thats too bad, it was a great show.

As you'd figure from the "Dawn of the Dan" title it was early stuff.

Listening back right now I'm up to:

Your Gold Teeth

Black Friday

Rikki Don't Lose that Number

Hey 19

Time Out of Mind

Parker's Band

Any Major Dude

Show Biz Kids

I know they also did Boston Rag, Do it Again, Dirty Work, Peg, Kid Charlemagne, Old School, Reelin in the Years, Pearl of the Quarter, Bodhisattva, and Pretzel Logic, and Godwhacker. I think there were a few others but I can't remember them off the top of my head.

Wow. That's a dream setlist from them.