• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice.

Oddly, there are a couple of newer, solo songs that I really hope that he plays:

"Sane"

and

"Thanksgiving Day"

Neither are on that set list, but I hope that they make it in tonight.

Saw the Foos/Social D/Joy in DC last Friday, and it was a kick ass show. Everything a massive arena rock show should be. The Foos played for about three hours, and Dave is such a great frontman. Him and his songs totally come alive in settings like that. It was a great time. There were plenty of deeper tracks I would have loved to hear, but you can't really argue with a 3 hour set of their hits.

The Joy Formidable really impressed me, so don't skip them. That was a fantastic opening set. Better than Social D for me.

Bob Mould was there too, but I don't know if that's a full tour thing.

• 4 weeks later...

My first show of 2012 was Camper Van and Cracker at The Middle East in Cambridge last night. They're making this an annual event over MLK weekend, but this was the first time I went. Camper Van has some great tunes, but still a little too much of a novelty act for me. It had been too long since I'd seen Cracker, and they did not disappoint. Love Johnny Hickman's guitar playing. From reading earlier posts here, this won't be a big endorsement for Tinnitus Photography, but Hickman's playing reminds me of Social D/Mike Ness. Another favorite of mine.

My first show of 2012 was Camper Van and Cracker at The Middle East in Cambridge last night. They're making this an annual event over MLK weekend, but this was the first time I went. Camper Van has some great tunes, but still a little too much of a novelty act for me. It had been too long since I'd seen Cracker, and they did not disappoint. Love Johnny Hickman's guitar playing. From reading earlier posts here, this won't be a big endorsement for Tinnitus Photography, but Hickman's playing reminds me of Social D/Mike Ness. Another favorite of mine.

I was there too and really enjoyed it. Per Tinnitus' comment above, I preferred CVB's set to Cracker's.