• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bushnell has terrific sound, lovely bathrooms and a really cool old bar in the mezzanine. Hartford is awful though. I can say that because I live there.

The sound for the Wilco show at the Bushnell last year was the best I've ever heard anywhere. Beautiful place, too. It was my first time there. Back in the old days it was always the Civic Center.

And yes, Hartford really is an awful shithole.

Saw Kishi Bashi last night. If he's ever out in your neck of the woods: GO he's amazing. Seen him twice now, and he's engaging, adorable, and energetic as hell. His songs are like what Andrew Bird and The Flaming Lips love child would sound like. 

Saw Kishi Bashi last night. If he's ever out in your neck of the woods: GO he's amazing. Seen him twice now, and he's engaging, adorable, and energetic as hell. His songs are like what Andrew Bird and The Flaming Lips love child would sound like. 

I saw him this past winter and enjoyed the show immensely. One of the best 10 dollar shows I have seen in a long time. Such a nice guy, too. Really loves his fans. His album 151a is one of my favorite records of 2012. I second this recommendation.

I saw Youth Lagoon a couple nights ago. Fantastic show! His records are both great but I wasn't expecting much in terms of performance but had to go anyway. I was pleasantly surprised with his stage presence, particularly when we came out to sing stage-front. The songs were all extended from their album length and sounded much better than on record, which unfortunately isn't true for many live acts these days.

I saw him this past winter and enjoyed the show immensely. One of the best 10 dollar shows I have seen in a long time. Such a nice guy, too. Really loves his fans. His album 151a is one of my favorite records of 2012. I second this recommendation.

Seriously. The amount of love in that tiny room was ridiculous. I will go see him any time he comes to town for sure. Picked up the limited ed. 7" he had for sale too (new song called Philosophize It! Chemicalize With It") and it's pretty great. 

Blitzen Trapper tonight !  Thanks for the recommendation, twoshedsjackson .

Saw them open for Delta Spirit last year and was impressed as hell.  Thought they would be more folky and acoustic but they flat out rocked.

Blitzen Trapper .. amazing!  : several levitating moments when a band is hitting on all 8 cylinders !

Lincoln Hall : such a nice venue. My first time back since Wilco Dec 18,2011.Capacity filled room and not a bit of tension.

My first Blitzen Trapper show, really cool.

Blitzen Trapper .. amazing!  : several levitating moments when a band is hitting on all 8 cylinders !

Lincoln Hall : such a nice venue. My first time back since Wilco Dec 18,2011.Capacity filled room and not a bit of tension.

My first Blitzen Trapper show, really cool.

My first, too.  I had no expectations, but you really don't hear a band flat-out rock like that these days -- in the 70s they would have been called Rock 'n Roll and in the 90s they would have been called country.  I had seen PHOX over the summer at an outdoor venue and really liked them.  They have such an ethereal sound, but the onstage antics and banter were irritating last night.  LOVE Lincoln Hall.  It's just a really comfortable place to see a show whether you want to dance on the floor or actually SEE the band from the balcony. And hallelujah, you can find legal street parking in that neighborhood.

The promo shot I just from Live Nation announcing the show had a chick in it that looks nothing like a Deal.

The promo email I got was announcing Pixies tickets going on sale and then right below it announcing Breeders tickets going on sale ...