• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Billy Cobham "Spectrum 40" tour.

That guy is something else. Saw him play in Bobby and the Midnights  in '82 (opening for JGB, in which Kreutzman was drumming for Garcia Band). 

Yikes. 

Oh man that Jane's album came out in '11 and I've never heard anyone talk about it or a tune from it....

Hey, Meat Puppets are your way on 9.26.....

What!? Gotta check on that...

Its another Giving Tree Band weekend.....tomorrow at Melon Fest, Sunday at the cozy confines of Casa Santiago.

That guy is something else. Saw him play in Bobby and the Midnights  in '82 (opening for JGB, in which Kreutzman was drumming for Garcia Band). 

Cool! I know his work with Miles and Mahavishnu, but have never seen him or even heard the celebrated Spectrum album, so I have no idea what to expect.

Place called the Empty Bottle next Friday.

Love the Empty Bottle, I've been going there since its inception. They used to have a wild dub step scene there on sunday nites.

I saw Frank Zappa last night.  Well, kind of.  The last few things he did before he died was orchestral stuff, and the orchestra he did it with came to town and played it.  It was in an old steel mill.  The light show was outstanding. No booze on sight, but they were selling salads and quiche and overpriced upscale softdrinks.  The music?  Jawdropping from a technical point of view, but self-indulgent, emotionally barren and ultimately unengaging.  That's pretty much how I feel about most of the Zappa I've heard.